Home Non Cigar Related

Be careful if you post self destructive threads.

13»

Comments

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    option2:
    In the long, long ago a man posted a thread about the beating of his wife to start a serious conversation about a very real problem in this country and the moderators removed before the true reality of the thread could be shown and a much needed discussion could be started. They did what they thought was right and He holds them not in the least responsible for their actions for they perceived it as a brag in stead of understanding the underlying message. Spousal abuse is a really dangerous and constant part of society hence the need for so many women's shelters, children are far too often caught up in this problem, which was the reason for the thread in the first place. He caught many PM's about this one I assure you and had to explain himself many times to pacify his friends with the knowledge that he would never stoop so low as to strike his wife. If someone else wants to take up this cause, He still feels that it is worthy to discuss, He would be glad to participate as he is currently working through his Church to start a delivery of food loads, which are much needed along with clothing for both the young and old, as a way to in some small way help this situation.
    Since it was removed the first time it was posted he decided it was a quick way to explode a thread and accepts full responsibility for the stupidity of his actions.
    Just so everyone here knows, once a thread is started, there it will stay so keep it civil and let us remember that sometimes we have to see what is not written to gain the full message of what is meant for parable's are a favorite tool he chooses which is why he holds no animosity to anything posted here.
    :-)

Didn't he also start a thread about poking out his own eyeball and such? And people took this other post seriously? "People" are stupid.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Jetmech_63:

:-(

Ken Light:
    option2:
    In the long, long ago a man posted a thread about the beating of his wife to start a serious conversation about a very real problem in this country and the moderators removed before the true reality of the thread could be shown and a much needed discussion could be started. They did what they thought was right and He holds them not in the least responsible for their actions for they perceived it as a brag in stead of understanding the underlying message. Spousal abuse is a really dangerous and constant part of society hence the need for so many women's shelters, children are far too often caught up in this problem, which was the reason for the thread in the first place. He caught many PM's about this one I assure you and had to explain himself many times to pacify his friends with the knowledge that he would never stoop so low as to strike his wife. If someone else wants to take up this cause, He still feels that it is worthy to discuss, He would be glad to participate as he is currently working through his Church to start a delivery of food loads, which are much needed along with clothing for both the young and old, as a way to in some small way help this situation.
    Since it was removed the first time it was posted he decided it was a quick way to explode a thread and accepts full responsibility for the stupidity of his actions.
    Just so everyone here knows, once a thread is started, there it will stay so keep it civil and let us remember that sometimes we have to see what is not written to gain the full message of what is meant for parable's are a favorite tool he chooses which is why he holds no animosity to anything posted here.

Didn't he also start a thread about poking out his own eyeball and such? And people took this other post seriously? "People" are stupid.

All is well that ends well my friend. Smile and be happy. I am happy to be back and right on schedule just as I was promised, almost to the minute at that.

• greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Typically I stay away from threads like this. I will chime in on this one. I will not speculate what prompted Rodney's comments. I have had the pleasure of dealing with RBeckom on several occasions. As a matter of fact, Rod was my very first trade on the forums. You could say that he was and still is my sponsor. I consider both he and his brother class acts. Hindsight is always 20/20. I have posted stuff here that I wish that I could take back. Not this time......Live and let Live.....Bear.
    greg2648:
    Typically I stay away from threads like this. I will chime in on this one. I will not speculate what prompted Rodney's comments. I have had the pleasure of dealing with RBeckom on several occasions. As a matter of fact, Rod was my very first trade on the forums. You could say that he was and still is my sponsor. I consider both he and his brother class acts. Hindsight is always 20/20. I have posted stuff here that I wish that I could take back. Not this time......Live and let Live.....Bear.

I simply made a mistake with the using of an old story to blow up a thread and the kicker that got me in warm water was the fact that I reported myself, a mistake I will not make again I assure you, but I felt that if left alone too long someone would eventually destroy what had become a peaceful and stable environment that started with a dangerous subject. All in all I have had no negative feedback except that it ended too quickly. As we both stated live and let live and without animosity and all will be well in the end. Thank you good sir for your kind words.

Jetmech_63:
    jesseliverless:
    To me, very simply put, AJF is EASILY the best cigar blender and manufacturer in the business today. I've been smoking cigars on a daily basis for 30 plus years. No one else comes even close.

What some smokers seem to forget is a simple fact, taste is 100% subjective. Smoke what you enjoy, and leave the rest. Nothing else matters.

AJF was mentored by one of the biggest legends in modern cigar history. He soaked up what he was taught and has since created one of the very" best of the best" cigar manufacturing businesses operating today. Quality, consistency, brands, variety, pricing, and availability. He's nailed them all and is now running a well oiled machine.

This of course is just my opinion, the only one that counts, to me.

Tip of the cap to AJF, my main cigar man. A true modern day legend!
    :(
    something about people in glass houses...they tend to pick up rocks like it's their job...
    I stuck my finger beside my eye ball, all the way behind it, when I pulled it out it made A curious popping sound.
    I wonder why it popped?
    Did I injure my eye ball?
    Or is it natural to here such A horrendous noise when sticking your finger behind your eye?
    Should I do it again?
    What if my eye pops out?
    Can I put it back in myself?
    Something to think about the next time you stick your finger behind your own eye.

Was this your reference Ken?

RBeckom:
    I stuck my finger beside my eye ball, all the way behind it, when I pulled it out it made A curious popping sound.
    I wonder why it popped?
    Or is it natural to here such A horrendous noise when sticking your finger behind your eye?
    Should I do it again?
    What if my eye pops out?
    Something to think about the next time you stick your finger behind your own eye.

:D
  • option2option2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
    Ken Light:
    RBeckom:
    I wonder why it popped?
    Should I do it again?
    What if my eye pops out?

:D

He thought you would like it.
    He and I, two peas in the same pod, right and left. Due to medical issues I have learned to use both hemisphere's of my frontal cortex at the same time so WE exist and are separate but also the same.
    No deception from me here, just a explanation as to how we are separate but also the same, hence the name option2, a dead giveaway that fooled no one. I was simply left to my own devises here to restore peace through explanation. That was the reason for the creation of the alter, so that others offended by my lapse from the forums would not judge the moderators harshly for I did deserve my suspension.
    All is well that ends well.

• MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Which cortex has the shark?
    That is the best and most importantly, the honest answer to what has transpired and yes by this admission I admit that once again I am guilty of breaking the rules here and I do it publically and except any consequences it may cause to befall me.
    Marker:

The only sharks I have ever possessed have both been carved out of Cedar. One here that I possess and one was sent to a fellow botl.
    Marker:

Though I have never possessed a shark myself my answer would be simply this.
    The thought process that remembers the shark tale and the carving of a shark in a coffin to end a troublesome conversation and make amends come from the left side, which happens to be my creative side. The right side is analogical and understands only logic.