2»

Comments

• New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    twistedstem:
    New Boots:
    Cooler - 19.99
    3 Tray set - 3.49
    Spray Bottle - 0.99
    Posting an empty coolidor on an open forumn- priceless!!...

Thought this was missing something!!
    .....thanks Vance

Edit: Cooler with KL and sticks dipped down to 60 rH. That's the low end of where I'm comfortable.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    I'm doing a coolidor project and the kl worries me a bit b/c I have read mixed reviews on old threads. I think I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Smok em just sent me a bath tub of a cooler. Dont really know where to start myself.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    youngryan216:
    I'm doing a coolidor project and the kl worries me a bit b/c I have read mixed reviews on old threads. I think I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Went with KL for my Wineador I got in July and it's been doing great. Debating doing a mix of the KL and some 65% Boveda packs just to create some more space. I have the KL in some smaller Tupperware containers so it does take up a little bit of space but it's been working great. I got a five pound bag and used about half of it in there.
  • kswildcatkswildcat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 73
    how many boveda packs do you need for a cooler?.. The ones listed on ccom say good for 25 cigars or the 8oz ones for travel.. I did not see a listing for a big boveda pack
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    youngryan216:
    It's not hard to do but it's easy to screw up. First bit of advice I would offer is to test the RH of your KL with your hygrometer first before you screw it up like some guys do by adding water without any need for it.
    ^^This

When I started my first cooler, my KL only needed a quick spritz, and it was golden.
    Bob...question. Using panty hose to hold the KL, would I just spritz the hose down when needed?
    New Boots:
    Bob...question. Using panty hose to hold the KL, would I just spritz the hose down when needed?
    Yes, I have always removed the KL filled panty hose and spritzed the KL through the hose while outside of the cooler to avoid over-spray inside the cooler then put the KL filled panty hose back where I had them.
    Bob Luken:
    New Boots:
    Yes, I have always removed the KL filled panty hose and spritzed the KL through the hose while outside of the cooler to avoid over-spray inside the cooler then put the KL filled panty hose back where I had them.
    Exactly what I thought, but wanted to check. Thanks
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    New Boots:
    just spritz the hose down when needed?
    Thats right........ LMAO

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    New Boots:
    just spritz the hose down when needed?
    Thats right........ LMAO

Aj
    .....wow

Didnt even see it
    kswildcat:
    how many boveda packs do you need for a cooler?.. The ones listed on ccom say good for 25 cigars or the 8oz ones for travel.. I did not see a listing for a big boveda pack
    Any help would this would be much appreciated..
    kswildcat:
    kswildcat:
    Any help would this would be much appreciated..
    Sorry that you've had to wait so long for a response. Inside a cooler you don't need as many boveda packets as you would in a wood humidor to maintain the same space. http://www.bovedainc.com/store/tobacco/ The trouble is determining exactly what your specific needs are. I've never seen any official boveda recommendations for cigar storage in coolers. As you can see in the chart on the Boveda website, they list their recommendation by humidor capacity rather than volume in square inches. Humidor capacity is vague. A recommendation based on interior volume in square inches would be more helpful. So, basically it's just down to trial and error as far as how much boveda product is needed.

You have not indicated the size of cooler you wish to use. But, by using a 70 quart cooler as an example, my advice would be to use a minimum of four large packets. Six large packets to be certain. (Don't use the 8 gram packets for humidor/coolidor use.) It's all a bit of trial and error. Remember too that unused space in a cooler or any humidor is harder to maintain than space filled with cigars. You might need to use more than four large packets but, it's impossible to have too many. What I mean is, even if you put ten large packets in there it won't over-humidify your cooler.

My advice on purchasing them? If you're getting up into the big leagues with a coolidor, then you should buy your Bovedas by the dozen. They're cheaper by the dozen and to save on shipping you could use a Daily Deal or any free shipping offer to combo that with your boveda purchase.
    Thank you very much.. I have not bought a cooler yet as I am not sure exactly what route I want to take.. I feel way less lost now thanks..lol