Home General Discussion

Comments on the 2013 Ccom Awards Sampler?

PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
Aside from the merits of "Top Cigar" lists, this seems like a nice sampler, a good value and it covers a lot of territory. Comments?

Awards Sampler

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I bought one, good gars at a good price.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Not a bad price but I strongly disagree with a few of them...IMO samplers are a waste once you know what you like...buy what you know is good and you can always trade and barter for what you want too try
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    if you are looking to try a lot of new sticks its a great sampler. The price is very attractive also! wait, how come i haven't ordered this yet...oh yea, andy isnt at work until tomorrow.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Not a bad price but I strongly disagree with a few of them...IMO samplers are a waste once you know what you like...buy what you know is good and you can always trade and barter for what you want too try
    Keeping in mind that I'm still at the "learning what I like" stage, wouldn't you still keep ordering samplers and 5ers to try new things?
    Rain:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Keeping in mind that I'm still at the "learning what I like" stage, wouldn't you still keep ordering samplers and 5ers to try new things?
    i always have a soft spot for fivers!! But some on the list IMO are things they are having trouble moving. Take for instance the ab family blend...IMO a sub par smoke others may like it but for a top something these shouldn't be close! Ccom has much better stuff in that range
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    i always have a soft spot for fivers!! But some on the list IMO are things they are having trouble moving. Take for instance the ab family blend...IMO a sub par smoke others may like it but for a top something these shouldn't be close! Ccom has much better stuff in that range
    Isn't that the give and take with samplers though? You get a padron 64 and a dc max for $4 per, but you have to pay $4 per for a macanudo and the ab family? Those cigars end up in troop packages or given to my mooch friends who don't know better, but I get the good stuff at a deep discount.
    brianetz1:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Rain:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Isn't that the give and take with samplers though? You get a padron 64 and a dc max for $4 per, but you have to pay $4 per for a macanudo and the ab family? Those cigars end up in troop packages or given to my mooch friends who don't know better, but I get the good stuff at a deep discount.
    it pretty much is but there were some great samplers that maybe only one wasn't up too par. I guess I don't think of it as money more or less as the space and well if you don't like most of them then it's more then $4 a stick
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Rain:
    Was it biased? Could you taste the bias?
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    PAtoNH:
    Aside from the merits of "Top Cigar" lists, this seems like a nice sampler, a good value and it covers a lot of territory. Comments?

Awards Sampler
    I always recommend the CCom awards samplers to new smokers. The 2011/12 ones were excellent as well. Ordering samplers is the way to get started brother.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    catfishbluezz:
    Rain:
    Any "Best of" with a Sancho Panza is definitely biased in some way.
    SleevePlz:
    catfishbluezz:
    Rain:
    Do you even Sanco Panza bro? Do you?
    Rain:
    SleevePlz:
    catfishbluezz:
    Rain:
    Do you even Sanco Panza bro? Do you?
    For the amount of time I have to commit to smoking cigars, I definitely do not Sancho Panza, bro.
    Don't bro me, bro.I've never had a Sancho...haha, that's funny to type. Anyways, they seemed like an upper class yard gar to me, at least from what I read.
    Rain:
    Don't bro me, bro.I've never had a Sancho...haha, that's funny to type. Anyways, they seemed like an upper class yard gar to me, at least from what I read.
    Have you had a Dirty Sancho????
    Rain:
    Guess I need to send you one to try.....
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    I've got one I could send too. Maybe we should organize a Sancho bomb for Randy! LOL
    Puff_Dougie:
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    I've got one I could send too. Maybe we should organize a Sancho bomb for Randy! LOL
    That would just be cruel
    That's fine, because I have some Zodians and Victor Sinclair. Just sayin.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Rain:
    Check... and mate!
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Puff_Dougie:
    Rain:
    Check... and mate!
    Where's my Augusto Reyes to add in? Let me dig around.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    But to speak to the sampler; there's lots I'd try but enough I don't want I considered calling and seeing if I could modify this and get a half sampler or something. Still thinking about it.
    Rain:
    speaking if turds someone tried too give Me a raji the other day lmao he really didn't know any better! I told him keep it for yourself I have plenty of sticks
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Rain:
    UPPER CLASS YARD GAR <- I may be stealing this term..
    Martel:
    But to speak to the sampler; there's lots I'd try but enough I don't want I considered calling and seeing if I could modify this and get a half sampler or something. Still thinking about it.
    I'm going with no...I'm sure the ones you don't want others don't as well...this is a way of getting rid of them
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    catfishbluezz:
    PAtoNH:

Awards Sampler
    I always recommend the CCom awards samplers to new smokers. The 2011/12 ones were excellent as well. Ordering samplers is the way to get started brother.
    There are so many new options… as a guy who "cut his teeth" in the Lew Rothman/JR days, there is much to discover. In the last 6 months I've tried more new smokes than in the previous 20 years. It's eye opening.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    catfishbluezz:
    Rain:
    dude....
    what is the point of this post?
    arfe you trying to start something?

are you looking for something?

did HW piss you off that much?

or did I?

i assure you that i dont think you are biased. you could at least LOOK at the PM i sent you.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    PAtoNH:

Awards Sampler
    Looks like an awesome sampler. The 601 La bombs is awesome as well as the D crown. I've burned most of them..if they had some more maduros in the mix of already have em on the way.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    SleevePlz:
    Rain:
    Have you had a Dirty Sancho????
    That there is some funny Shizz from Shafty, nicely done!!!
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Good sampler I guess, but also a great way to sell some cigars we see all the time....see: Bueso, Park Ave, AJ's stuff, Son of Anarchy...but I guess it is a business. Some very good sticks there as well, and a good price. It was said as ia joke I think, but I do think this is a list biased list in favor of "good business", but if we get a good deal in the process----all is well.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Trident:
    if you are looking to try a lot of new sticks its a great sampler. The price is very attractive also! wait, how come i haven't ordered this yet...oh yea, andy isnt at work until tomorrow.
    Vulchor:
    Good sampler I guess, but also a great way to sell some cigars we see all the time....see: Bueso, Park Ave, AJ's stuff, Son of Anarchy...but I guess it is a business. Some very good sticks there as well, and a good price. It was said as ia joke I think, but I do think this is a list biased list in favor of "good business", but if we get a good deal in the process----all is well.
    I agree with these guys ^^^^^

If you haven't tried (m)any of those, great way to get a variety of new smokes and it works out to under $4/each.

Aside from the "best value" category (which you can find those brands for under $3/each if you look around) .... I think $4 for the rest of the cigars ranges from "fair price" to "hell-of-a steal".

I've only had 2 of the cigars in this "sampler" --- hope to pick it up sometime in the future.