Home General Discussion

New Camacho Questions

edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
Are all Camacho blends going through a rebranding only or are they changing the blend as well..... Are the triple maduros the same blend now as it was before the new labels? What about the corojo? I personally like the older bands better than the new ones.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    new branding and new blends. if they made the cut they got tweaked. i think the triple maduro may be the same... not sure thats the only one i cant remember off the top of my head
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    kuzi16:
    new branding and new blends. if they made the cut they got tweaked. i think the triple maduro may be the same... not sure thats the only one i cant remember off the top of my head
    they say that the triple maduro wasn't changed, but people who have smoked them have said that they are not the same.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    Researched and came up with this. Camacho redesigned and reblended their line.... All cigars are redesigned and all but two were reblended... The triple maduro and diploma are the same. They originally had 11 lines and now only have 6... I really liked the original corojo blend.... Too bad i smoked my last one a few days ago and won't be able to enjoy them again....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    brianetz1:
    kuzi16:
    they say that the triple maduro wasn't changed, but people who have smoked them have said that they are not the same.
    i have yet to smoke the reblends. i have a few and ill review soon if i can. i dont have the backout and since that is the first "new" blend i would like to try it.

the old diploma was one of my favorite aged cigars and if it is different i may have to disown them.

i would really hate for that to happen after the friendship camacho and i have had for so long.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    edelrionyc:
    Researched and came up with this. Camacho redesigned and reblended their line.... All cigars are redesigned and all but two were reblended... The triple maduro and diploma are the same. They originally had 11 lines and now only have 6... I really liked the original corojo blend.... Too bad i smoked my last one a few days ago and won't be able to enjoy them again....

PM to ya
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    I have had the new connie and to me they lost some of the flavor that I loved in the original.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    From my knowledge technically the triple maddy is the only non reblend...for me the new line is lacking something. I did enjoy the black out and the diploma though. A little over a year ago I thing maybe less I found out they were changing and reblending plus dropping some of my favorite lines so I went on a small camacho spree.
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    I'm disappointed by the whole thing. I am a huge Camacho fan, but the new labels look like something a teen trying to look cool would smoke. Just one man's opinion....

• curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    edelrionyc:

From what I understand Christian took the recipes with him when he left the company and Davidoff bought Camacho in 2008. This caused them to have to create new blends.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    pross:
    I'm disappointed by the whole thing. I am a huge Camacho fan, but the new labels look like something a teen trying to look cool would smoke. Just one man's opinion....

I don't have a strong opinion on the packaging one way or another, but a number of people I work with in their 50s and 60s said the new packaging made them decide to try Camacho for the first time... and one can be quoted as saying about the new Liberty "Coolest damned thing I have ever seen".
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    curtiscr79:
    edelrionyc:

From what I understand Christian took the recipes with him when he left the company and Davidoff bought Camacho in 2008. This caused them to have to create new blends.
    they are still rolled in Christians factory in fact he still gets royalties from davidoff for making them. I think it was up too camacho since the taxes on the blends are very expensive and they wanted to downsize the line. But yeah I think davidoff just wanted too shy away from what the original camacho line was
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    Lee.mcglynn:
    curtiscr79:
    edelrionyc:

they are still rolled in Christians factory in fact he still gets royalties from davidoff for making them. I think it was up too camacho since the taxes on the blends are very expensive and they wanted to downsize the line. But yeah I think davidoff just wanted too shy away from what the original camacho line was

Good to know, thanks for sharing.