Home General Discussion

It just occured to me I never had a humidor....

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
...until I joined this forum. I had a huge collection of antique amber glass with secure lids that I packed with cedar and a humidifier. Also had a bunch of those acrylic thingies in various sizes, again packed with cedar and a humidifier. Each one held one brand of cigars and they were stashed all over the place. It was a pretty good system.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    You just gave me awesome ideas to display cigars all over the place LOL! Cigar smokers in antique stores FTW
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I have to do this anyways or my wife would flip when she saw how man smokes I actually have."Babe, there's a cigar in the cup cabinet..."
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    catfishbluezz:
    You just gave me awesome ideas to display cigars all over the place LOL! Cigar smokers in antique stores FTW

Hey, anything I can do to help.
    Rain:
    I have to do this anyways or my wife would flip when she saw how man smokes I actually have."Babe, there's a cigar in the cup cabinet..."

Divide and conquer.....or "damn my eyes must be screwed up"..
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    jd50ae:
    ...until I joined this forum. I had a huge collection of antique amber glass with secure lids that I packed with cedar and a humidifier. Also had a bunch of those acrylic thingies in various sizes, again packed with cedar and a humidifier. Each one held one brand of cigars and they were stashed all over the place. It was a pretty good system.
    That's the way they did it way back when. Works great. Who needs a humi? LOL
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    I only have a tiny 20 and a engraved 100 humi. the rest of my collection is in Pickle Jars! HA!

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    I only have a tiny 20 and a engraved 100 humi. the rest of my collection is in Pickle Jars! HA!

Aj

And we eat a lot of pickles. In fact my grand daughter has just picked up the nick name "Pickles".
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    jd50ae:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

And we eat a lot of pickles. In fact my grand daughter has just picked up the nick name "Pickles".
    At first I was aprehensive about using them.... but after I realized that they hold humidity perfect and being clear makes it easy to see bugs, mold or the stick you want. My kids have never eaten so many pickles in there life suddenly.

Aj
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Rain:
    Give it a few years.
    Then SHE will hide some of YOUR cigars on you.
    My wife has a humi she stashes special cigars on me.
    I've lost some PSD4s, a 160 and some Torano 1916s to the humi she hides.
    I've looked all over the house for it and never have found it.
    Then when she thinks I need a special cigar, she grabs the cigar and gives it to me.
    I have yet to figure out where she hides it.