Home General Discussion

Ya' think we're being watched?

Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
With all the snooping the NSA and FBI and everybody else does trying to expose terrorist threats, you ever wonder if ours and other cigar forums have come to their attention because of our use of certain words? I'm guessing that with all the talk of explosives on the forums they've had to check us out a couple of times at least. I bet they think we're are a bunch of A-holes for using the B word so much.

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Well....I used to be at the very very very bottom of that life. And collecting on Americans would have gotten me sent to jail.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    Stay away from these and you'l be fine: http://www.rense.com/general66/scgh.htm
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    PAtoNH:
    Now I'm certain they've been snooping on us. LOL
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    "Anonymous" and "sex" are on that list.
    ...only one letter apart (W.)

"sniper" is also on that list. i wonder how many times our very own sniper has been checked out based on forum name alone.

"halibut" is on that list. not sure why but that is one tasty fish.

if "torchwood" and "the doctor" was on there i feel i could justify the word "nerd" being on there.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    lol I was saying this within my first month after learning about, receiving, and sending bombs. Just kept thinking, "Well if I wasn't on a list yet, I am now."
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    PAtoNH:

Snippet from the list...

MSCJ, MIT, 69, RIT, Time, MSEE, Cable & Wireless, CSE, SUW, J2, Embassy, ETA, Fax, finks, Fax encryption, white noise, Fernspah, MYK, GAFE, forcast, import, rain, tiger, buzzer, N9, pink noise, CRA, M.P.R.I., top secret, Mossberg, 50BMG, Macintosh Security, Macintosh Internet Security, OC3, Macintosh Firewalls, Unix Security, VIP Protection, SIG,
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    The 'list' is so disturbing on so many levels. I would believe, that it is the combinations of a certain number of those words that is what really draws attention of the automatic search systems, that then kicks that 'troublesome' post out to a list for human viewing.

What i believe is most scary is not that they have the power to do such things, but that people are actually offended and surprised it. Please do not interpret this as condoning such intrusive behaviours as acceptable, but the premise is based upon the ideology of protecting the masses from the few crazies.

Anyway, an interesting read here on how it was done in the good old days, make note of the dates of this stuff: http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/12/top-secret-your-briefing-on-the-cias-cold-war-spy-satellite-big-bird/250629/
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Puff_Dougie:
    PAtoNH:

Snippet from the list...

MSCJ, MIT, 69, RIT, Time, MSEE, Cable & Wireless, CSE, SUW, J2, Embassy, ETA, Fax, finks, Fax encryption, white noise, Fernspah, MYK, GAFE, forcast, import, rain, tiger, buzzer, N9, pink noise, CRA, M.P.R.I., top secret, Mossberg, 50BMG, Macintosh Security, Macintosh Internet Security, OC3, Macintosh Firewalls, Unix Security, VIP Protection, SIG,
    We're good, they know me ;)
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    No_one21:
    lol I was saying this within my first month after learning about, receiving, and sending bombs. Just kept thinking, "Well if I wasn't on a list yet, I am now."
    LOL And whatever you do, don't speak our special slang at the post office.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Bob Luken:
    No_one21:
    You mean, "Hi! Can I have a flat rate box please? ... Anything perishable? Nah. I'm just sending a bomb."

ROFL!!!
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Puff_Dougie:
    Bob Luken:
    No_one21:
    You mean, "Hi! Can I have a flat rate box please? ... Anything perishable? Nah. I'm just sending a bomb."

ROFL!!!
    Anything perishable? No. It's only cigar accessories.