Home General Discussion

Greetings from Afar...

MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
Just wanted to pop in and say HELLO from, Bangkok, Thailand time difference is +12-15 hours. So got in late last night, after that 23 hour trip.....to find my oldest had cut his leg and had an infection started(he was here since the 1st of Jan) ....WTF...so wife takes to hospital over here and they admitted him....and still another day to stay at least, this should make for an interesting wedding.....soooowhile they are at the hospital somebody had to volunteer to watch the condo and the patio.....me me me ! Enjoying the time eliminating some sticks!! :-) :-) :-)

Comments

• JMartinez10JMartinez10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 296
    Awesome brother. Thailand? Wow must be amazing. Enjoy yourself and hope your son gets better.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Man... I wish I was there helping you eliminate those sticks. Do you have the ability to post pictures? I'd like to hear your impressions, since Rip's not around, we need that travelogue thread going! Be safe and have fun!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Enjoy the relaxation, Mike. Don't worry about how much you smoke while away. We got you covered when you get back :)
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    MVW67:
    Just wanted to pop in and say HELLO from, Bangkok, Thailand time difference is +12-15 hours. So got in late last night, after that 23 hour trip.....to find my oldest had cut his leg and had an infection started(he was here since the 1st of Jan) ....WTF...so wife takes to hospital over here and they admitted him....and still another day to stay at least, this should make for an interesting wedding.....soooowhile they are at the hospital somebody had to volunteer to watch the condo and the patio.....me me me ! Enjoying the time eliminating some sticks!! :-) :-) :-)
    Stick Elimination Duty! I like it! LOL!

Hope your son's leg heals quickly. Enjoy the wedding and the change of scenery!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Very nice mike! I hope all goes well! Nice too know your alive!!
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    On a plus note, you'll have the chance to review another health care system and compare...
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Your going yo eat real good. How many times have you been there..?
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    MVW67:
    Glad to hear you made it there ok. Hope your son is recovering well. Keep sacrificing those sticks to the cigar gods. bring me home something nice!
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    MVW67:
    2 things mike dont fall alseep in a place you dont know, and stay away from them pretty girls, you never know the hang over ! LOL
    have a good time mike and takes some pics of that land, be safe
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Wow! Quite the adventure. I can only imagine what it's like --- Cigars on the opposite side of the world. Cool. Hope the infection gets better soon and that you all enjoy the wedding. Cheers brother.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Glad you made it safe and sound Mike. Hope that boys leg gets well quick. Keep us posted and enjoy your time away.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Just in case you pop back in Mike....whats your time frame for return?
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Hmmmm. It appears that Afar is about 37 kilometers south of Bangkok. Is that about right, Mike?? :-)

Hope the son recovers quickly, that the wedding goes off wonderfully, and that you don't develop tobacco poisoning from sacrificing all those sticks.... :-/)
  • bearbbearb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,044
    Mike, glad you arrived safely and in good condition to help in whatever ways were needed. Truly hope the wedding goes off smoothly and that you and Katie have some time to enjoy and relax together in such a unique locale. At the end of the day a few key points to ensure success: infection control, wedding bells ring, sacrificial tobacco and last, but not least..enjoy yourself!
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    MVW67:
    "One night in Bangkok and the worlds your oyster!..... I can see the devil walking next to me"
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Have fun Mike, and safe travels back bro.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    What a great life experience. I was in Thailand when I was a young single guy. I hope all goes well be safe.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    OK infection clearing up, staph infection. But in the middle of protests.....but gentle ones so far.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Great to hear the oldest is getting better Mike. You stay safe !
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    mike hooked up w/ a lady boy for 40 baht.