Home Non Cigar Related

Lone Servivor

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
Anyone catch the movie yet? If not, go........

Just a great movie. I cannot remember having the crowed applaud after a move like they did last night, and left with tears in my eyes.

No lets see what the movie critics say about it, and because it doesn't have a animated tiger, or a 10 foot tall animated blue guy, I doubt it will have a chance to win best picture, but it sure deserves it........

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Wow, I posted this yesterday!So Lone Survivor was a great movie. They could have really messed it up, you know the war/brotherhood theme is kind of played out but they did it very well. The best part was after the movie, the movie has a little tribute to all the guys that died, you know with pictures and so forth. Nobody left the theater till the entire thing played out...it was really cool to see, and I'm not gonna lie....I was a little teary eyed. I'm not a SEAL or a BAMF or anything, but I can relate to the brotherhood of service that those guys shared. "LT Murphy was killed June 28, 2005 after exposing himself to enemy fire and knowingly leaving his position of cover to get a clear signal in order to communicate with his headquarters. He provided his unit’s location and requested immediate support for his element and then returned to his position to continue fighting until he died from his wounds."
    PS - The knife/duck scene had everyone falling out of their chairs hahaha.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Sorry bro, didn't see your post.
    firetruckguy:
    Sorry bro, didn't see your post.
    It's cool, I did not mean it like "Hey *****, YOU STOLE MY POST?!?!?!" I meant it was cool that we both felt a least a little inspired to write something about it.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    You know, after the move I was thinking......... There was a time in my life I felt pretty bad a$$ about my self. I felt like I was the man, physically, had my $hit in a pile, just felt like I was the one.......

Then I watch this movie and see what bad a$$ truly is.......
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I have not yet seen the movie, but somehow I get the feeling that the title alone is a sort of "spoiler alert". I hope to catch this one next weekend.
    Haha, reminds me of when I started watching Spartacus.You already know how it's gonna end.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I'd love to see this, but with a son in Special Forces deploying Monday, I doubt my wife would go with me. I'll probably have to do this one alone.

• honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    Cant wait to go see this, I read the book when it came out and didn't put it down till i was done, seeing your posts here gives me hope that they made the movie right and to give Honor to those that were involved as well as all service men/women.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    honorknight7:
    Cant wait to go see this, I read the book when it came out and didn't put it down till i was done, seeing your posts here gives me hope that they made the movie right and to give Honor to those that were involved as well as all service men/women.

Same here, brother. I've read the book twice and got teary eyed both times.
    I'm hoping I can get to the theater before they stop showing it.
    I'm not sure if anyone knows, but Murph: The Protector was released on DVD/Bluray on Tuesday. It's the biography of Lt. Michael Murphy. Should be an interesting companion to Lone Survivor.