Home General Discussion

Thirsty Mountaineers

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
Any brothers affected by the water problem in Charleston, WV and surrounding counties? Or know of any relief efforts to help them out with bottled water?

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    At the risk of sounding ignorant....what's up? Weather related I would imagine.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Rain:
    At the risk of sounding ignorant....what's up? Weather related I would imagine.
    contaminated water for over 300,000. Cant drink,bathe,wash or touch.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Ok, I just read about it.The only safe use for the company's water is to flush down a toilet or put out a fire, Lawrence Messina, spokesman for the state Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety announced on Twitter Thursday evening.Do they still do Press Releases or is everything just teweeted?
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Not affected now, but I lived in Huntington/Charleston up until last June. Crazy stuff! My wife showed me pics of green ice cubes and said in certain parts of town they can smell the chemical very strongly. National guard is bringing water and it will be a few weeks until it's cleared up, supposedly.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Praying for everyone affected.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Gray4lines:
    Not affected now, but I lived in Huntington/Charleston up until last June. Crazy stuff! My wife showed me pics of green ice cubes and said in certain parts of town they can smell the chemical very strongly. National guard is bringing water and it will be a few weeks until it's cleared up, supposedly.
    You moved from Hatfield to McCoy territory, eh?

Crazy about the green ice cubes! A few weeks without potable water is a LONG time. Just want to keep alert for ways to help out if needed.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Puff_Dougie:
    Gray4lines:
    You moved from Hatfield to McCoy territory, eh?

Crazy about the green ice cubes! A few weeks without potable water is a LONG time. Just want to keep alert for ways to help out if needed.
    Yes, I moved to go to UK for grad school. That is a looong time for no water. I know that Ricky (rhamlin) on here lives there.

Hope you and your family are doing ok, Ricky!