Home General Discussion

Does your smoking jacket stink good?

Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
I've asked a friend - "Does this stink?" - while holding out the cold weather clothes I use when I smoke and the reply was specific. "It's not bad like cigarette smoke. I kinda like it." You ever have anybody specifically tell you that they like the smell of your smoking jacket?

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    My wife loves it. She always says "mmm you smell like Las Vegas" weird I know
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Definitely not my wife. But it is a much better smell than cigarette smoke. I don't think people are as put off by it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    my wife hates it. but i have had random strangers stop and compliment. one guy about my age asked what scent i was wearing.

manliness

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    danielzreyes:
    My wife loves it. She always says "mmm you smell like Las Vegas" weird I know
    That's funny. I came home from the local B&M last week and the wife said that I smelled like the cruise ship. Not sure if that was a good or bad comment as I was too concerned with smuggling the bag full of cigars to the cellar without her noticing. I'll have to dig into that again.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    kuzi16:
    my wife hates it. but i have had random strangers stop and compliment. one guy about my age asked what scent i was wearing.

manliness

LOL That brings up another question. What colognes/aftershave would go best with a freshly used smoking jacket? (Or whatever you were wearing while you smoked your cigar.) Floral? Musk? Leather? I wonder? (I'll post that question separately too.)
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Bob Luken:
    kuzi16:

manliness

LOL That brings up another question. What colognes/aftershave would go best with a freshly used smoking jacket? (Or whatever you were wearing while you smoked your cigar.) Floral? Musk? Leather? I wonder? (I'll post that question separately too.)

Grey Flannel eau de toilette by Geoffrey Beene, Gillette after shave apres-rasage.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Depends on what I've smoked recently. I usually have to wash my smoking clothes right after I wear them, but when I don't and the wife snuggles in I get various comments...Manly, yuck, I like this one, hmmm smells good, warn me if you smoke that again, go hop in the shower. It runs the gamut. My cold weather clothes keep the scent a bit longer so it's not as cigar-specific, but I've never had any comments on those.
  • dandin1dandin1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 175
    I personally like the smell, the fiancée on the other hand does not and says it gives her a headache. Maybe she'll warm up to it. Haha
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    What I want to know is, What is a smoking jacket?
    ROFL!
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Mine is a North Face rain jacket. Doesn't look very good with an ascot though.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    blutattoo:
    Yeah, an ascot is totally a Columbia thing.

I have a couple female friends who like to cuddle after I've been smoking, they say the smell reminds them of their grandpa. I say, as long as they say that topless....
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    perkinke:
    blutattoo:

I have a couple female friends who like to cuddle after I've been smoking, they say the smell reminds them of their grandpa. I say, as long as they say that topless....
    There is something wrong with that.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    kaspera79:
    perkinke:
    blutattoo:

There is something wrong with that.
    Bow tie with a columbia jacket? ;)