Home General Discussion

Long Shot

perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
So here is a question for the elder statesmen (and women) of the boards. My boss and I were talking cigars the other day and he said the best cigar he ever had was a Dunhill from Belgium in the 1970's. The guy is in for a rough year (we all are, but he's promised to take as much heat off us as he can and we've been through this before, he hasn't) so my supervisor and I are gonna put together a "first aid" kit (booze, stogies, maybe some antipsychotics ;->) for him and I wanted to try and find something with a similar taste profile.

Like I said, it's a long shot and if nobody has any idea what those tasted like that's cool, I have a good idea of some modern smokes to give him.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    If I'm correct, Dunhill was a cuban cigar and seemed to be the preference of Churchill.
    The 70s Dunhill was supposedly made in the Partagas factory in Cuba.
    So if I were to guess which cigars might come close, I'd consider just about any Cc. But I've always been a fan of the Partagas Cc.

I'm sure someone more versed can add a better perspective than me though.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    The Dunhill Aged Dominican sold here on CCOM looks very similar to Dunhills I smoked in Germany in the '80s. I don't think you can go wrong with it, really. Dunhill's very traditional. I wonder if they change much.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I really don't know much about the old dunhills but for me I would go with something like the psp2's and some davidoff
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Excellent, thanks! the Aged and info on where they were made helps a bunch.