Home General Discussion

Great cigars

dwikoffdwikoff Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
I am new to the cigar forum, having been a 47 year cigarette smoker. Today I smoked 3 cigars. The first; a Padron, Family reserve, which was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone. The second was a Monte Cristo which didn't unravel like most Connecticut wrappers do. Very Tasty. The third was a Camacho '92 which was unusual, because it had a pigtail head and a shaggy foot and was unusually tasty. Loads of flavorful smoke. All of these cigars came from the "Decadent Dozen II" sampler and I am very greatful to cigar.com for allowing me to smoke the most premier cigars on the market today.

Comments

• Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Way to jump in the deep end and welcome to the forum!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • dandin1dandin1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 175
    Welcome to the forum from another new guy! It's awful tough to stop reading once you get here. Enjoy!
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    dwikoff:
    I am new to the cigar forum, having been a 47 year cigarette smoker. Today I smoked 3 cigars. The first; a Padron, Family reserve, which was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone. The second was a Monte Cristo which didn't unravel like most Connecticut wrappers do. Very Tasty. The third was a Camacho '92 which was unusual, because it had a pigtail head and a shaggy foot and was unusually tasty. Loads of flavorful smoke. All of these cigars came from the "Decadent Dozen II" sampler and I am very greatful to cigar.com for allowing me to smoke the most premier cigars on the market today.
    Something I recently learned myself. I am (was?) a 21yr cigarette smoker. I recently went to the E-cig, and I'm working on quitting all together.

Without the smokes...Cigars. Are. BETTER!

Anywho! Welcome to the boards! You'll love it here!
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    Welcome from another Newb here

dandin1:
    Welcome to the forum from another new guy! It's awful tough to stop reading once you get here. Enjoy!

(ccom = my new happy place)
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Welcome to the forums!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Welcome! settle in with your favorite stick and hang around!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    dwikoff:
    The second was a Monte Cristo which didn't unravel like most Connecticut wrappers do.
    never had that issue.

there is no different way of processing that wrapper that would make it unravel. that usually has to do with cut and humidity.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Sounds familiar but I don't see Decadent Dozen II among the sampler offerings on cigar.com right now. Did you buy this sampler recently? I'd like to get a look at that Camacho '92 with both a shaggy foot and pigtail head. I don't think I'm familiar with that at all.
  • JMartinez10JMartinez10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 296
    From a NEWB, welcome it's a great board full of great company.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Bob Luken:
    Sounds familiar but I don't see Decadent Dozen II among the sampler offerings on cigar.com right now. Did you buy this sampler recently? I'd like to get a look at that Camacho '92 with both a shaggy foot and pigtail head. I don't think I'm familiar with that at all.
    I think it's the PE, it's the only Camacho I've seen (not that I'm an expert by any means) with a pigtail and shag foot.

In any event, welcome and you really started with a few great sticks.