• No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Just saw this on IG.. at least the cello is yellow lol
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
  • JMartinez10JMartinez10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 296
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Damn it! Another vortex to worry about!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Judging by the color of the cellos, I'm guessing these are about 400 yrs old. That means Cohibas are the real fakes. Or .... wait.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Those are 2 legit....premium is an understatement.

^^^^^ME

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    QUOTE-

Recent research done by Deschodt and Morane on the early 1960s have produced a different version of the history of Cohiba, which makes no reference to Che Guevara. According to them, the new authorities that came into power after the revolution regarded the famous national cigar brands – whose owners had skipped the country – as relics of the past, luxuries for the rich (the ordinary people smoked locally produced roll-ups), with the result that for a period of time cigar production fell into stagnation and only one brand of Havana cigars, Siboney, was made. But, after a while, good sense returned and realizing the pointlessness of adopting such a hard line, the new authorities turned their attention back to cigars.

Looks like these could actually be legit. Also it turns out Siboney is a real Cuban brand and it looks like recently Alec Bradley cigars has started to produce Siboney for other markets.
    This may actually be something of jelly-ness.

• EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    danielzreyes:
    Because I have your Jelly right here. LOL photo 350FC07E-orig.jpg

they came with a filled surprise.
    photo AD5CCF9A-orig.jpg
    Someone must have won the lottery.
    dennisking:
    QUOTE- Recent research done by Deschodt and Morane on the early 1960s have produced a different version of the history of Cohiba, which makes no reference to Che Guevara. According to them, the new authorities that came into power after the revolution regarded the famous national cigar brands – whose owners had skipped the country – as relics of the past, luxuries for the rich (the ordinary people smoked locally produced roll-ups), with the result that for a period of time cigar production fell into stagnation and only one brand of Havana cigars, Siboney, was made. But, after a while, good sense returned and realizing the pointlessness of adopting such a hard line, the new authorities turned their attention back to cigars.
    wait wait.... so are these authentic fakes or .........
    danielzreyes:
    dennisking:
    QUOTE- Recent research done by Deschodt and Morane on the early 1960s have produced a different version of the history of Cohiba, which makes no reference to Che Guevara. According to them, the new authorities that came into power after the revolution regarded the famous national cigar brands – whose owners had skipped the country – as relics of the past, luxuries for the rich (the ordinary people smoked locally produced roll-ups), with the result that for a period of time cigar production fell into stagnation and only one brand of Havana cigars, Siboney, was made. But, after a while, good sense returned and realizing the pointlessness of adopting such a hard line, the new authorities turned their attention back to cigars.
    wait wait.... so are these authentic fakes or .........

I edited my post but yeah, these could be legit. That would explain the yellow cello. I also did some more research and it looks if not only AB is making some Siboney stuff but also My Father. weirdness.
    According to Fidel Castro, the Siboney brand never happened but he's dead and a liar so who the hell knows.
    I think someone needs to ask rzaman Rip about these. He's the only one on here that would know someone who knows someone who knows.
    This is interesting stuff. Now I'm intrigued. By the way the packaging seal is from Honduras.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Thought Question.
    so we can all safely assume these sticks are probably pretty damn old. Yes?

so my question with this: is this beetle hole fresh?
    and if it is, can we assume that beetle eggs can survive in a cigar for over 10 to 15 years?

• twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    very interesting buddy,sorry about the beetles .but cool pickup on the cigars
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Either way if you're going to hang on to them a session in the freezer is in order...
    dennisking:
    QUOTE-

Recent research done by Deschodt and Morane on the early 1960s have produced a different version of the history of Cohiba, which makes no reference to Che Guevara. According to them, the new authorities that came into power after the revolution regarded the famous national cigar brands – whose owners had skipped the country – as relics of the past, luxuries for the rich (the ordinary people smoked locally produced roll-ups), with the result that for a period of time cigar production fell into stagnation and only one brand of Havana cigars, Siboney, was made. But, after a while, good sense returned and realizing the pointlessness of adopting such a hard line, the new authorities turned their attention back to cigars.

Looks like these could actually be legit. Also it turns out Siboney is a real Cuban brand and it looks like recently Alec Bradley cigars has started to produce Siboney for other markets.
    This may actually be something of jelly-ness.

I can't find anything else on these.
    danielzreyes:
    So the Ciboney tribes were pre-Columbian and the ones that settled in Cuba were also referred to as the Guanajuatabey which were the Ciboney tribes not killed off by the Taino (The Indian on the Cohiba label since "Cohiba" is the Taino word for tobacco).

Anyway, from what I can gather, the Siboney brand name was around in the late 60's when Castro took over all the farms in Cuba. He was going to make one brand name - Siboney. Apparently there were three different sizes released and then they quickly changed the names back to the company names that were present pre-revolution.
    I googled Siboney Honduras and apparently there was some sticks coming from there some time back. There was, until probably 10 years ago, the Siboney brand in Cuba that was still manufacturing cigars.
    I found numerous online retailers selling the Siboney name, but more recent products from either Raices Cubana factory or My Father Factory. They look to be budget minded and sold in mazos of 20.
    With that in mind, given that these have a Honduran label, I'd say they were made in Honduras. Not much info is found on that though. I basically have the smallest amount of info on the mysterious Siboney Cuban brand of the 60's after the revolution and then the newer Cuban and Non-Cuban brands.
  • JMartinez10JMartinez10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 296
    dennisking:
    danielzreyes:
    So the Ciboney tribes were pre-Columbian and the ones that settled in Cuba were also referred to as the Guanajuatabey which were the Ciboney tribes not killed off by the Taino (The Indian on the Cohiba label since "Cohiba" is the Taino word for tobacco).

Anyway, from what I can gather, the Siboney brand name was around in the late 60's when Castro took over all the farms in Cuba. He was going to make one brand name - Siboney. Apparently there were three different sizes released and then they quickly changed the names back to the company names that were present pre-revolution.
    I googled Siboney Honduras and apparently there was some sticks coming from there some time back. There was, until probably 10 years ago, the Siboney brand in Cuba that was still manufacturing cigars.
    I found numerous online retailers selling the Siboney name, but more recent products from either Raices Cubana factory or My Father Factory. They look to be budget minded and sold in mazos of 20.
    With that in mind, given that these have a Honduran label, I'd say they were made in Honduras. Not much info is found on that though. I basically have the smallest amount of info on the mysterious Siboney Cuban brand of the 60's after the revolution and then the newer Cuban and Non-Cuban brands.
    Thanks for all the research that you put into this Dennis. I appreciate it. I wonder why they tried to make it look like Cohiba though
    talked to my super knowledgeable homie. these are pre-castro if they are Cuban and pre-Cohiba as well. He also said that some older Cuban sticks came in cello so dude, these could be legit. get them in the freezer for the bugs and then in the humi. let them acclimate and smoke one.
    dennisking:
    talked to my super knowledgeable homie. these are pre-castro if they are Cuban and pre-Cohiba as well. He also said that some older Cuban sticks came in cello so dude, these could be legit. get them in the freezer for the bugs and then in the humi. let them acclimate and smoke one.
    Huh, Interesting. Does he have an answer to why the Honduran seal? (In the freezer as we speak.) Is there a chance that these are just hella old fakes? Trying to find info on the actual logo. I'm getting nothing on that either.

Anyone know the history of the Cohiba logo?