Home General Discussion

Arturo Fuente

LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
Whilst at a bar and talking about cigars a Dominican Woman overheard me and started talking about Cubans that her and her family smokes. I know about and have been reading about Cubans.... But she swore up and down that Arturo Fuente made a ISOM Cuban... I tried to tell her that they have a cigar NAMED Cuban, but not any made in Cuba....

Who's right??? Me or Her?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    If she was hot and you argued with her, then you were 100% wrong my friend! SOOOOO WRONG!
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    First of all, what does ISOM mean?

I had a Arturo Fuente overseas that I am 90% sure was a cuban but someone told me after the fact that they don't make cubans. The band on the fuente said something like Hecho en Havana or something. It was purchased from a really nice looking store in downtown Dublin and the smoke was FANTASTIC.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    ISOM= island south of miami ...... its code for what we aint supposed to talk about ..... it rhymes with tuba but starts witha c
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    PuroFreak:
    If she was hot and you argued with her, then you were 100% wrong my friend! SOOOOO WRONG!
    Arturo Fuente started in Cuba but I am not sure if they are like other brands and have two different companies using the same name like Partagas, Montecristo, Cohiba, H. Uppman etc...

But the fact remains, if she was hot then you are wrong...PERIOD.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    kingjk729:
    ISOM= island south of miami ...... its code for what we aint supposed to talk about ..... it rhymes with tuba but starts witha c

Ahh, clever.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    No Fuente Cubans, only Dominican.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Lasabar:
    Whilst at a bar and talking about cigars a Dominican Woman overheard me and started talking about Cubans that her and her family smokes. I know about and have been reading about Cubans.... But she swore up and down that Arturo Fuente made a ISOM Cuban... I tried to tell her that they have a cigar NAMED Cuban, but not any made in Cuba....

Who's right??? Me or Her?
    I would have to 2nd that, if she was hot it doesn't matter if you're right or wrong.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    yeah, c'mon lassie! you found one of the 1 in 10,000 women who like cigars and you're pissing her off? What kind of drinks were you having at this bar? Rubbing alcohol with lime?
    ;)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I know they used to make cigars in Cuba because I read a story about them going back to the factory in Cuba to get the molds they used to make the Don Carlos or the Hemmingways. I don't think they do anymore, but I could be wrong.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Don't get me wrong, if my girlfriend wasn't there this Dominican would be walking with a slight curve for about three days, but alas, the GF was there...

So I guess the consensus is, if she's smoking Arturo Fuente Cubans then they are more than likely VERY old and VERY expensive...

But from what I gather she's not an "Aficionado" for she said that the Montecristo Cubans are not very good and if my memory serves me correctly she has never heard of Ramon Allones cigars...

Oh well, she was eye candy for awhile...