Home General Discussion

Need help ID on this stick

denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
I've had this a while. It's an "A" vitola Fuente with a Hemingway shape but darker wrapper and accent band like a Sungrown. Not sure what it is. Anyone?

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Interesting, looks like a Hemingway maduro, I don't know if any other Fuentes beyond the Hemingway line that are perfectos. Going off of band and color I'd say fuente reserva maduro A. Kuzi had a thread on this 3 years ago, he may know better than I.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    The Hemingway Classic is 7x48. If memory serves me right it was available in cameroon, maduro or sungrown.
    That looks like it could be a Classic, but which one is hard to tell.
    It's dark enough that it might be the maduro classis.
    The Untold Story was 7 1/2 x 54, but darker.

How long is it?
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    She measures a proper 9". She's an A all the way
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Hemingway Masterpiece.
    I'm thinking Masterpiece Maduro, but it could still be a cammy masterpiece.
    Hard to tell for sure.

If I smoked it, I'd know for sure if it was a cammy or not. ROFL!!

That reminds me, one of these days when I'm stuck in Salem for a few days, I gotta get a hold of you and we can go sit at the cigar shop at Lancaster Mall. AVVA's?
    0patience:
    Hemingway Masterpiece.
    Hard to tell for sure.

If I smoked it, I'd know for sure if it was a cammy or not. ROFL!!

That reminds me, one of these days when I'm stuck in Salem for a few days, I gotta get a hold of you and we can go sit at the cigar shop at Lancaster Mall. AVVA's?
    Hell ya that would be a blast!!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    0patience:
    Hemingway Masterpiece.
    Hard to tell for sure.

Yup, definitely the Masterpiece based on the size. Hard to tell the wrapper type from the picture. In person, I imagine it would be easier to distinguish the broadleaf from the cameroon, however.
    I don't believe it's a Cammy wrapper. Too dark
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Probably a masterpiece maduro. I had a few of them before. I had to store them sideways in my humi because they were too large.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Mmmm Hemi Maduro...wonderful stick Dennis !
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Being a relative noob, I have a hard time identifying many of the Fuentes. Anybody know of an online reference chart available?

Well, OK. Before I posted my question I found this website with fancy graphics and you can see available sizes for each brand. I'll post a link but the question remains. Is there a reference that is like this or better than this one that you know of?

AF Hemingway link
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    what a great 4 hour smoke enjoy brother. The Hemingway Masterpiece Maduro is delicious.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Bob Luken:
    Being a relative noob, I have a hard time identifying many of the Fuentes. Anybody know of an online reference chart available?

Well, OK. Before I posted my question I found this website with fancy graphics and you can see available sizes for each brand. I'll post a link but the question remains. Is there a reference that is like this or better than this one that you know of?

AF Hemingway link
    This this post: Fuentes
    Bob Luken:

AF Hemingway link
    Here's a great reference guide to rare Fuente

Fuente Rare Stuff

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    dennisking:
    and too "muddled" as well
    kuzi16:
    dennisking:
    and too "muddled" as well
    Agreed. This wrapper is ruddy and has some tooth to it. Cammy wrappers are delicate, much more so than this.