Home General Discussion

Suggestions for branching out?

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
Been on this forum for a week now, and have already learned so much from you brothers. I'm so glad I stumbled onto the cigar.com site!

I've been a cigar enthusiast for a few years now, but haven't really begun to explore the depth of what's out there. My natural bent is toward maduros and more full bodied smokes. With the wealth of experience represented here, I'd love to have your suggestions for some sticks to try as I pursue my new year's resolution to broaden my cigar palate.

Over the past year, the ones I've most enjoyed have been Oliva Serie V, Liga Privada No. 9, and Kristoff Maduro.

What would you brothers suggest I put on my shopping list?

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    0patience:
    Cameroons!
    Surprise!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Branching out? That's easy, PM me your address LOL!!!
    New Boots:
    0patience:
    Cameroons!
    Surprise!
    What are you saying? Are you saying I have a cameroon problem or something? LOL!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Jetmech_63:
    Branching out? That's easy, PM me your address LOL!!!
    Haha! I said "shopping list" not "mooching list."
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    La Flor Dominicana
    My Father
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Padron '64, AB Black Market & Puro Nico, Julius Caesar & Maximus, Quesada Oktoberfest, JDN Celebration, LFD Cameroon cabinet, CyB, TAT Reserva, Room 101 Namakubi
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    0patience:
    New Boots:
    0patience:
    Cameroons!
    Surprise!
    What are you saying? Are you saying I have a cameroon problem or something? LOL!
    its possible
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    0patience:
    Cameroons!
    Yeah !! Right there.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    If you like the No. 9 from Liga, try one of the Undercrowns or Liga T52s if you can find them. Tatuaje Cojonu Tatuaje Miami, Padron 1964 natural or maduro, My Father #5 or #2, My Uzi weighs a ton (MUWAT), La Flor Dominicana (LFD) Oro Chisel. You could always do a trade with one of OGs to get a little sampling of stuff. Go to the newbie trading section. Tons guys willing to sponsor newbs in a trade all ya gotta do is ask. It's a great way to try different stuff.
    Thanks guys! Looks like some great suggestions! I keep seeing My Father on peoples' lists. It's not a brand I'd ever seen before. Good stuff?
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    blutattoo:
    . You could always do a trade with one of OGs to get a little sampling of stuff. Go to the newbie trading section. Tons guys willing to sponsor newbs in a trade all ya gotta do is ask. It's a great way to try different stuff.

Yeah, what he said! Trade with me dude LOL!!! PM me that address!
    Jetmech_63:
    blutattoo:
    . You could always do a trade with one of OGs to get a little sampling of stuff. Go to the newbie trading section. Tons guys willing to sponsor newbs in a trade all ya gotta do is ask. It's a great way to try different stuff.

Yeah, what he said! Trade with me dude LOL!!! PM me that address!
    Dude, you're crackin' me up!
    New Boots:
    0patience:
    New Boots:
    0patience:
    Cameroons!
    Surprise!
    its possible
    I'll have you know that I do have cigars that aren't cameroon.
    I'd be willing to bet 75% of my collection isn't cameroon.
    Ok, I'd bet 50% is not cameroon.
    Well, maybe 30% isn't cameroon.
    Alright, there is a lot of them that are cameroon, but I have others. LOL!
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 260
    Carlos Torrano 1959 Exodus is a really nice stick, but it is definitely not full bodied, but meets the maduro recommendation. I smoked my first Anejo recently and was completely blown away.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    I usually tell people to try the Oliva series or Padron. Can't go wrong with anything in their lines, and a pretty good value. Also the My Father is very solid line as well. PM me your address and I can give you some more recommendations
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    bbass2:
    La Flor Dominicana
    My Father
    This plus the Camacho line, the Corojo Ltd, SLR and trip maddy should fill the bill
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Since you already prefer fuller-bodied cigars, I would definitely check out some LFD's and stuff from the Garcias (My Father, DPG, Tat, etc). If you are trying to branch out more, perhaps something from Kelner (AVO, Davidoff, Zino, etc). If you aren't politically/ethically opposed to the forbidden fruit from that "Island South of Miami", then I would definitely try some of them as well. And in all seriousness, if you want to do a legit trade, just let me know.