Home General Discussion

Cigar Bands....Do you throw them away..?

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
Both my wife and I want to try some "Artwork" using the bands. If you are throwing them away could you maybe save them up and stick them in an envelope to me..? I do not want to take away from anyone you are already sending them to. We are going to experiment with some quill pens and other feather art which my wife is very good at. Thanks....

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    I do artwork with them also but I will take stock later today and see if I can find a lost bag or two.
    PM your address and I will see what I can do to help you out.
    By the way, how many do you need and are you looking for bands in general or just from super premium's?

• jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    RBeckom:
    I do artwork with them also but I will take stock later today and see if I can find a lost bag or two.
    PM your address and I will see what I can do to help you out.
    By the way, how many do you need and are you looking for bands in general or just from super premium's?

In general, until we find something that works and is presentable.
    Then all that is left to do is too send the address through PM and I will take care of the rest.
    :-)
    I have seen some great work from what most throw away and hope too soon see some of yours.

I will box today and sent tomorrow.
    RBeckom:

Thank you...
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    jd50ae:
    RBeckom:

Thank you...
    Way to go brother,I have used my bands to fill an old glass lamp I got from my grandmother. I've also framed some as pictures and I make bookmarks also.I'll try to post pics today and if you shoot me your Addy I'll send you some.....
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    poor b.astard...just handing out your addy all willy nilly. You know some of these bands are going to come attached to cigars, right?
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    jd50ae:
    Both my wife and I want to try some "Artwork" using the bands. If you are throwing them away could you maybe save them up and stick them in an envelope to me..? I do not want to take away from anyone you are already sending them to. We are going to experiment with some quill pens and other feather art which my wife is very good at. Thanks....
    Will you post pictures f the finished project? Love seeing the creativity on this boards -- bookmarks, picture frames, stogie stands, etc...
    twistedstem:
    jd50ae:
    RBeckom:

Thank you...
    Way to go brother,I have used my bands to fill an old glass lamp I got from my grandmother. I've also framed some as pictures and I make bookmarks also.I'll try to post pics today and if you shoot me your Addy I'll send you some.....
    cigar lamp 3 photo IMG_0490_zpsc48372d1.jpg band lamp photo IMG_0513_zpsb284d0c8.jpg photo IMG_0366_zps4c146f64.jpg
    Echambers:
    jd50ae:
    Will you post pictures f the finished project? Love seeing the creativity on this boards -- bookmarks, picture frames, stogie stands, etc...

Absolutely...here and on her website.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    New Boots:
    You know some of these bands are going to come attached to cigars, right?
    Isn't that the only way to ship bands????
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    I have all mine saved up since starting this hobby, I have a few plans but am slow to act on them :(
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    I have a bunch you can have, send me the addy!
    jd50ae:
    Echambers:
    jd50ae:

Absolutely...here and on her website.
    OK so what's her website??