Home General Discussion

Thanks CCOM! <3

MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
I was almost out of Bics, so I contacted CCOM and asked if a lighter could sneak its way into my next order. Well, I got the lighter today and I love it! Its a Nibo New Age III lighter. I can't find any info on it, but it came prefilled and has good weight. It also has a sexy green flame ^_^.
Thanks CCOM!

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Awesome! Just another way CCOM takes care of us!!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    MAJORdorMo:
    I was almost out of Bics, so I contacted CCOM and asked if a lighter could sneak its way into my next order. Well, I got the lighter today and I love it! Its a Nibo New Age III lighter. I can't find any info on it, but it came prefilled and has good weight. It also has a sexy green flame ^_^. Thanks CCOM!
    That is cool!

Quick question for those in the know... how do they make the colored flame? Is it different metals or alloys??? If so, can that affect the taste of a cigar?
  • TheShaunTheShaun Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 425
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    it's typically a piece of metal such as copper at the source of the flame. Copper burns green. Take your torch to a penny for 30 seconds or so and you'll see. Oh, make sure to hold that penny with pliers!
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    Rob1110:
    it's typically a piece of metal such as copper at the source of the flame. Copper burns green. Take your torch to a penny for 30 seconds or so and you'll see. Oh, make sure to hold that penny with pliers!

Yeah, there is a copper ring around where the flame comes out.
    MAJORdorMo:
    Rob1110:
    Can the copper affect taste? I have a red flame one, is that a different metal?
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706

Lasabar:
    MAJORdorMo:
    Rob1110:

Possibly strontium or calcium if it’s more a brick red.

don’t no about affect of taste though, i wouldn’t have thought so though.

• HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    sol1821:

Lasabar:
    MAJORdorMo:
    Rob1110:

Possibly strontium or calcium if it’s more a brick red.

don’t no about affect of taste though, i wouldn’t have thought so though.

Well if you consider that copper, for example, has a pretty distinctive taste, I could see how that might be transmitted into the flame at least somewhat, and then to the cigar. As to the original poster - have you noticed any copper taste goin on?
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    I haven't noticed any copper taste whatsoever.
    I really doubt CCOM would send me a lighter that would taint my cigars. ^_^
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    So I called in to place and order last night and at the end of the call I asked about a lighter. I was just being cheap and trying to get one with free shipping but they ended up just tossing it in free of charge! Thanks CCOM!! Now I face the challenge of finding butane in Afghanistan...
    I suppose that it's not that big of a deal if it does affect the taste of the cigar

My girlfriend got me the lighter that makes the flame red... Too bad it's a naked chick and when you flip the cap open the t!ts light up and strobe and the lighter starts moaning loudly...

Don't think I'm going to take that to the B&M anytime soon....

But God I love her!
  • thekenny17thekenny17 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10

ejenne87:
    So I called in to place and order last night and at the end of the call I asked about a lighter. I was just being cheap and trying to get one with free shipping but they ended up just tossing it in free of charge! Thanks CCOM!! Now I face the challenge of finding butane in Afghanistan...

I'm in the same boat. Don't make the mistake of buying "butane" at the bazaar! I did and whatever they sold me is by NO means the odorless gas butane. It smells like someone threw up in the bottle, pressurized it, and added a butane filler port. Thankfully I tried out the lighter as a test and not on a cigar! I think it ruined my torch- not that I can find any "real" butane here.

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    thekenny17:

ejenne87:

I'm in the same boat. Don't make the mistake of buying "butane" at the bazaar! I did and whatever they sold me is by NO means the odorless gas butane. It smells like someone threw up in the bottle, pressurized it, and added a butane filler port. Thankfully I tried out the lighter as a test and not on a cigar! I think it ruined my torch- not that I can find any "real" butane here.

I am really curious to see if there is a way to get it from one of my Terps. They seem to know people and know how to get things done so I might have to ask them. P.S. - You have a PM
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    ejenne87:
    thekenny17:

ejenne87:

I am really curious to see if there is a way to get it from one of my Terps. They seem to know people and know how to get things done so I might have to ask them. P.S. - You have a PM
    I know some people who know some people who robbed some people
    ironhorse:
    ejenne87:
    thekenny17:

ejenne87:

I know some people who know some people who robbed some people
    I have some friends like that... anybody need a stereo system? ;-)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I had a brother-in-law that use to drive a truck.. Stuff fell off the damn truck All the time.. I'm just saying..
    Ya know, cheesy as it is, I just want to put this out there:

Thanks Ccom for providing this awesome site and amazing forum. There's incredible deals all day long, plenty of sticks to ogle, and when you're bored with that there's the guys on the boards here. I've only been on for maybe, what, a month or so? In spite of that, even though I post all day long, probably putting my .02 in many places it doesn't belong, I only find an amazing collection of BOTL that will listen to my sh!t and maybe chuckle once in a while.

On no other forum I've ever seen has there been such a great collection of people who become real friends and are genuine and sincere to all newcomers. As such, I can only explain my rampant posting and contributions as my way of learning and maneuvering my way through this great passion of ours, and hopefully getting to know all of you better along the way. So, thanks.

--Hays out ;-)