Home General Discussion

Discovered a great cigar!

dwikoffdwikoff Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
Got a Rocky Patel Edge in a sampler pack and was blown away! This cigar is fantastic. I am a novice cigar smoker and am trying many cigars to try and find my niche. I had a problem starting this cigar because I don't have a cutter large enough to accommodate this cigar and had to use a knife. I cut into the shoulder which cause a bit of unraveling (my bad) but this cigar was superb! I don't claim to be an expert and can't discern the "oaken, spicy, leathery, etc), flavors, but I do know what gives me pleasure and that is loads of thick, dense, flavorful smoke, which this cigar delivers. I am putting this cigar on my list of "Must haves".

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Good sticks. The Sumtra Edge are VERY good stick. The "original" Edge's before Rocky changed every blend that got him famous (though he denies he did it) were simply amazing.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    dwikoff:
    Got a Rocky Patel Edge in a sampler pack and was blown away! This cigar is fantastic. I am a novice cigar smoker and am trying many cigars to try and find my niche. I had a problem starting this cigar because I don't have a cutter large enough to accommodate this cigar and had to use a knife. I cut into the shoulder which cause a bit of unraveling (my bad) but this cigar was superb! I don't claim to be an expert and can't discern the "oaken, spicy, leathery, etc), flavors, but I do know what gives me pleasure and that is loads of thick, dense, flavorful smoke, which this cigar delivers. I am putting this cigar on my list of "Must haves".

My first cutting method was with a very sharp knife (or razor knife) and all you do is cut a V in the cap. No unraveling and usually a good draw. It is what Mr Churchill did, and I figured that was good enough for me.

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of insanity here and no one can count.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Everyone can count... just to varying degrees. Welcome to the forum there are several new member threads that are great information and should be required reads.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    I have had good ones and some not so good ones, but generally they are pretty good. RP gets a bad rap some times some of it deservedly so, but I enjoy the Edge. That and the 15th anniversary are my favs for RP. Welcome to the forum.
  • bwcarter54bwcarter54 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
    The Edge is a great stick. Better have a full stomach when you light it up.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    If you base the understanding of numbers around here on the curve the Pre-K kids are graded, then everyone around here is just fine.

I have a RP - Edge I'm itching to try myself.