Home General Discussion

Winter smokes for those in the cold zone...

PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
wazz your favorite small smokes? I need some suggestions!!!

Comments

• New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    PAtoNH:
    Sorry, I just sit in the garage, and suck it up.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    PAtoNH:
    I like that cao infused ones the cherry bomb is my favorite.and davidoff makes a nice petite corona..
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    New Boots:
    PAtoNH:
    It was below zero here today, I don't think sucking it up would cut it.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    danielruas:
    New Boots:
    PAtoNH:
    It was below zero here today, I don't think sucking it up would cut it.
    Ok yeah...I can take cold, but not that cold. Maybe it's just not that cold here. Generally in the 20s
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    Cut back smoking for the winter. 95% of smoking will be done at my local cigar lounge. Other 5% will be in the car :P
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    I had a my Uzi weighs a ton bait fish, in a snow storm tonight, that seemed to work nice
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Tatuaje-Brown-Label-Petite-Cazadores-Reserva
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    thehilk:
    I had a my Uzi weighs a ton bait fish, in a snow storm tonight, that seemed to work nice
    Yea I love those, just got a 10 pack. Also I use the Cohiba Red Dot Pequenos for short smokes. Can't beat $11 packs of 6 for a cold possible throwaway.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    brianetz1:
    Tatuaje-Brown-Label-Petite-Cazadores-Reserva
    It was a balmy 32ºF here today… smoking in snow pants and generally "bundled"… the wind was down and it wasn't too bad. Tatuaje Nicaragua?? You have my attention!
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    PAtoNH:

When it gets cold like it has been lately I tend to smoke the cigars out of my local B&M's humidor because it is a place that I can smoke indoors.
    I might never come home :)
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Padron Cortico Maduro. There are all kinds of short smokes. Avo Purito is great. Davidoff has a small smoke I've heard is good and mild. But I like the flavor of the Padron in maduro. You do have to make sure to smoke it slow, even in the cold. It's not a cigarette and you don't want it to burn too hot. Still, you'll be finished in 15-20 minutes at most.
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 771
    I'm really into the my father coronas this winter so far. It's been very cold here but as long as it's not colder than 0 with over 5 mph winds I can handle it. The my fathers are pretty potent and retain lots of flavor even in the cold.
    good suggestions… thanks!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Quesada Heisenberg's in the mini corona vitola... Best small cigar I have ever had.
    Interesting and affordable suggestion…!! Nicely done Irishman!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Thanks man, if I had ANY of them left I would send em to y but I have already gifted the rest of my box away. They are terrific little smokes and you can get a box for $50-60 in the right settings and I like em a LOT more than the Papas Fritas etc. ;)
    Thanks, I've added them to my Ccom shopping cart!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    MOW Virtues.Good 24/7/365;)
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    la palina KBs are one of my fav winter smokes. ccom gots em.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Cabaiguan - petite cabaiguan, DPG blue demitasse, the tat Brian mentioned, 5 Vegas gold nugget, LFD makes a small cigar, Ashton makes small cigars. There's lots of options out there. I'm in the same boat. It gets friggin' cold here and more than 20 or 30 minutes outside is too much.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    It was 80° today though.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    danielzreyes:
    It was 80° today though.
    you know, i really want to dislike you, but then i think about how awesome stogie stands are and then my anger passes......
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Gordon sent me a pack of the little Ashton's ....... Really nice all last winter I had a slew of the mini Davidoffs that Jsnake sent me a while back.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Dustin has some great offerings in his "catfish nuggets" review thread.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    twistedstem:
    I like that cao infused ones the cherry bomb is my favorite.
    Agree with vance if you're into infused. The petit corona size is nice ... I'm a moontrance type of guy myself.

Another good, small size offering from CAO are the MX2 daggers (4x38) - good maduro.
    Rain:
    MOW Virtues.Good 24/7/365;)
    ^^^^^^^
    YESSSSS. Robusto size is a top choice for colder months.

I'd add the Perdomo Lot 23 robusto (I prefer the connecticut)
    La Aurora Leoninos (cheap)
    Any of the seconds or overrun (robustos or corona size) - cheap so if you're fingers are starting to freeze and you toss it early no hard feelings
    And there's something about firing up an aged Diesel unlimited on a cold winters day that just feels right.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Shorties? Petit coronas? Little trick diademas? Me, I prefer the mortgage vitola in Winter. I bring in a batch of firewood that I cut and I stacked in the rack I built in my yard, I get a fire going so there's a good draw in the TV room which I paneled, I light something not too stinky from my stash, plop down in the leather chair I bought, next to Bearswatter in the recliner I bought for her, and watch MMA on my TV. "Yeah? Who pays the mortgage?" is not overtly stated; but it is implied. If I play my cards right, as I did last night, I can even persuade my red headed bear swatting domestic goddess to prepare me a whiskey sour. Even the pup understands, cause she will abandon her momma's lap and come climb up on mine.

You youngsters just don't know how to talk to a woman.

• MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    webmost:
    Shorties? Petit coronas? Little trick diademas? Me, I prefer the mortgage vitola in Winter. I bring in a batch of firewood that I cut and I stacked in the rack I built in my yard, I get a fire going so there's a good draw in the TV room which I paneled, I light something not too stinky from my stash, plop down in the leather chair I bought, next to Bearswatter in the recliner I bought for her, and watch MMA on my TV. "Yeah? Who pays the mortgage?" is not overtly stated; but it is implied. If I play my cards right, as I did last night, I can even persuade my red headed bear swatting domestic goddess to prepare me a whiskey sour. Even the pup understands, cause she will abandon her momma's lap and come climb up on mine.

Not the woman. The landlord with a legal document saying "no smoking in the house" which I signed.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Well, on the flip side, when the water heater breaks it's on me to horse a new one into place, plumb it, and pay for it.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    webmost:

So,...... those of us that continue to smoke outside in the winter must be on the losing end of some sort of domestic power struggle? LOL Yeah, I may not know how to talk to a woman but I'm the one that doesn't like smoke in the house. I know there are some pretty good options for removing the smoke and someday I may install some of those options but for now, I still prefer to smoke outside. And I have a few tricks and gadgets that I employ out on the deck that keep me warm and let me smoke as long as I want in almost any temp (as long as the wind isn't howling LOL).

I recommend the Oliva Special G if you gotta have a shorter smoke. Or the La Aurora 1495 Sumo (Short Robusto 4x58) is a good choice for a shorter time span.