Home General Discussion

All you old timers

EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
When I look at the post counts of some of you old timers in excess of 5,000 it makes me think my achievement is nothing. But, on the other hand this is my 200 post and I have not offended anyone yet (at least not that I know of) nor have I been booted from the forum. So what that most of my posts have been inconsequential and insignificant (I must confess that TWO of them were even in the "word game" thread).

Seriously, though, while I don't confess to understanding most of you and the reindeer games you play, I have really enjoyed this forums and getting to know (at least virtually) some of you. And as you all know Bigshizza is a great ambassador to this forum.

I think now I am going to pour a bit of bourbon and enjoy a Cohiba Red Dot.

Comments

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Happy 200 posts to you. You're like an old timer now.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    It's not all about post count it's how you respect the forums! Bigshizza is a great example and a great guy! Just give back and that's all that is needed
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Congrats on your 200th.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Guess im just a post whore then, huh? Im over 500 and i got here a month later.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Just get fired from your job. You'll smoke your stash, post 3k times, adn become a reviewer in like a month...
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Echambers:
    When I look at the post counts of some of you old timers in excess of 5,000 it makes me think my achievement is nothing. But, on the other hand this is my 200 post and I have not offended anyone yet (at least not that I know of) nor have I been booted from the forum. So what that most of my posts have been inconsequential and insignificant (I must confess that TWO of them were even in the "word game" thread).

Seriously, though, while I don't confess to understanding most of you and the reindeer games you play, I have really enjoyed this forums and getting to know (at least virtually) some of you. And as you all know Bigshizza is a great ambassador to this forum.

Interesting post!!! Your contribution at 200 posts is just as worthy as mine at whatever it is at now. Sometimes a lot of posts are what we'll call fluff post,, joshing and bantering back and forth with another. I try to balance all that with posts that provide good info for all, as well as helping younger members and the like. Yes the forum is truly a wonderful place where we can all come together and discuss current events, sports, etc and of course cigars! Ive had some great times here and truly my intention was never to cause any disdain or discord. Have I ruffled some feathers along the way,, probably. Remember you cant please all the people all the time, so sometimes you just have to be your own man. However for all my faults I do apologize. Funny you mention Shizza, as I was just discussing some of these very things with him. Yes Jim is a great dude and he was a pleasure to meet in person. He has definitely added to the forum with his caring and giving nature, as others have, as well,, (tearing up a little). Please enjoy yourself while your here and try to help when you can, where you can. Other than that this place is a little like this. Enjoy
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    catfishbluezz:
    Just get fired from your job. You'll smoke your stash, post 3k times, adn become a reviewer in like a month...
    Ahh, so That's how you do it, I've wondered for a while now can I fire myself?
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    New Boots:
    Guess im just a post whore then, huh? Im over 500 and i got here a month later.
    well....:-)
    catfishbluezz:
    hmm...I'm thinking I'll take a different approach
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    Shoot it took me probably a year to get to 200!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I have always loved to learn and there's a heck of a lot of resources for that...very lucky to be apart of this forum and the great friends I've made on here! Just do what you can and a niche will be there for you!
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Love having you here...just stay away from the "Beef with Cohiba" thread and you'll probably keep not offending anyone, Mr. Red Dot.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Echambers:

I'm totally offended by this post. Jk...congrats on 200!
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Post count isn't indicative to knowledge...I know and have seen members with post counts of unreal proportion that amounted to posting up saying things like...."Great Post- I agree- Love that cigar...etc." Some members have been smoking cigars since the 60's ( myself included ) and this hobby is all about enjoyment and passing things on or even expressing opinions which are....opinions and sometimes sprinkled with facts. At the end of the day it's only about enjoyment of what we like and not to get into little disagreements about what we do like.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Lee.mcglynn:
    It's not all about post count it's how you respect the forums! Bigshizza is a great example and a great guy! Just give back and that's all that is needed
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Rhamlin:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Well said. And you're a great addition to family bro.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Echambers:
    Seriously, though, while I don't confess to understanding most of you and the reindeer games you play
    I can teach you......
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    james40:
    Rhamlin:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Well said. And you're a great addition to family bro.
    I agree.Oh, wait...I just did it.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    As far as I can tell, you are a member in fine standing whether you have 200 posts or 10,000. Glad you are here.
    kaspera79:
    As far as I can tell, you are a member in fine standing whether you have 200 posts or 10,000. Glad you are here.
    Well thank you Sir (and others too)!
    SleevePlz:
    Echambers:
    Seriously, though, while I don't confess to understanding most of you and the reindeer games you play
    I can teach you......
    According to some I'm unteachable....
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Echambers:
    SleevePlz:
    Echambers:
    I can teach you......
    Nonsense, hit me up E and I will be happy to talk shop with you! Damn glad to have you here and it is a PLEASURE having you here and calling you a brother!!
    90+ Irishman:
    Echambers:
    SleevePlz:
    Echambers:
    I can teach you......
    Nonsense, hit me up E and I will be happy to talk shop with you! Damn glad to have you here and it is a PLEASURE having you here and calling you a brother!!
    Let me clarify: I think what they say is that I never learn :-)