Home General Discussion

tinned cigars

ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
I searched for a thread on this and didn't see it so hopefully I am not being repetitive. If so, Kuzi will kill me and everyone will be happier.
Does anyone have any tinned cigars they recommend? I saw a few things about the CAO Brazillia tins. But any other ones worth mentioning?

Comments

• ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    that comment about Kuzi was said in jest. Kuzi is the man.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    ironhorse:
    I searched for a thread on this and didn't see it so hopefully I am not being repetitive. If so, Kuzi will kill me and everyone will be happier.
    Does anyone have any tinned cigars they recommend? I saw a few things about the CAO Brazillia tins. But any other ones worth mentioning?
    I've heard that Ashton's are decent as well...

And I've seen (I think) some Gurkha's before.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ironhorse:
    that comment about Kuzi was said in jest. Kuzi is the man.
    no... im a douche bag...

ok i was kidding.
    ill still post that bit about everyday cigars. part of it is a joke. part of it is because there are tons of good cigars mentioned in the threads i linked to.

as far as tins go... i have a list of threads that are on this forum....

just kidding..
    i like the CAO Italia in a tin. i hear gurkha makes a good tin smoke. Cohiba makes em. iduno... just never got into the tinned cigars.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Haha, I didn't take it hard at all. I know how frustrating a repetitive thread can be. I like the idea of a tin. Transportability, quick smoke, multiple smokes. I don't know where I would use them. But I like to think I could use them
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    What's the difference between a cigar in a tin and a cigar shipped in a spanish cedar box? Is it kinda like wine being aged in french oak as opposed to stainless steel?
    tinned cigars are usually small. 36-40 ring. 3- 4 inches. 5 pack kinda thing.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I personally love the cohiba red dot tins ........ 11.95 or 12.95 for 10 ...... cant really go wrong and the wife even enjoys them
    kingjk729:
    I personally love the cohiba red dot tins ........ 11.95 or 12.95 for 10 ...... cant really go wrong and the wife even enjoys them
    ya know, now that i think about it many of the women that i know who are into cigars at all like the tins.

not only that but they seem to like a smaller ring gauge in general.

maybe a larger ring is a bit to Phallic for them... or maybe they know that the wrapper to filler ratio tastes better.

• MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    CAO Italia, Gold, and Criollo are all great tinned cigars. Punch tins are also great.

The CAO Cameroon and Maduro tins aren't bad IF you are looking for a quick (25 minute) smoke. These 2 are machine made and dry cured. Kinda nice if you really need to squeeze a cigar into your lunch break or something. I wouldn't compare them to the other tinned cigars out there that are handmade.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Strangely enough, I purchased a tin of CAO Mx2 cigars. 4x38. Not a bad stick little smoke.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Honestly, the Onyx tins (I believe they are called Impulse) aren't bad. They are a little rough, but the taste is very good, they produce a good bit of smoke, and have a decent kick for the size.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 468
    most tin cigars I have come accross are dry curred, nothing more than glorified hot burning cigarettes. for example, sancho panza tins I bought once, terrible. kahlua tins, terrible. I stopped trying tins after that.