Home General Discussion

Lessons of patience

PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
I learned another lesson today after smoking a cigar I've had a love/hate relationship with. Today's was a Nub sun grown habano double perfecto. I bought a 5 pack on special after enjoying one last year and the first 3 unraveled on me… burned unevenly and were generally hot and disappointing. The last two sat in the humi like a curse. Today it is cold, bleak and starting to snow so I thought "I'll try this one and if it fails to please I'll ditch it and go inside and warm up". I had some Sandman's Tawny Port in the cabinet so I bundled up and headed out to the porch with smoke and drink in hand. What a surprise. The cigar started without exception but really shaped up as it burned. The burn was even, the flavor was full, the wrapper held up and the ash stayed in place to the finish. It was a very nice cigar and reminded me of the lesson I've learned over and over again… don't give up on a cigar that hasn't performed in the past, give it some time, a little patience pays dividends. I've learned this lesson with more cigars than I care to admit and it's embarrassing to me that I've written off so many as bad just to find out later that what they really needed was a little more time and patience on my part.

Comments