Home General Discussion

Moment with my son

jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
My oldest boy turned 18 this week and his birthday wish was to have his first cigar with his dad. We made his first first visit to a B&M where he selected a San Cristobal. Enjoyed his first cigar with one of my last rare Viaje out in the freezing cold garage. It was fun and we are planning a trip to Outlaw Cigar so we can sit and enjoy the lounge and relax. Glad we could share the moment and it was important to him. Making memories.

Comments

• MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    jsnake:
    My oldest boy turned 18 this week and his birthday wish was to have his first cigar with his dad. We made his first first visit to a B&M where he selected a San Cristobal. Enjoyed his first cigar with one of my last rare Viaje out in the freezing cold garage. It was fun and we are planning a trip to Outlaw Cigar so we can sit and enjoy the lounge and relax. Glad we could share the moment and it was important to him. Making memories.
    that is awesome. I'm looking forward to sharing all those moments together with my son. But right now we are sharing stories about ninja turtles over mcdonalds. :). image
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    That's awesome man, I can only hope my son does the same thing.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I have about 9 years to wait for this with my boy. But man oh man do I look forward to it.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    jsnake:
    great to see you! Hope all is well with you and your family. Awesome moment I bet! Enjoy the holiday season! Merry Christmas
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    That's awesome man congratulations. I can't wait for the day to have kids of my own and hopefully a son that would like to do the same.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    That's awesome, man! When my son turned 14 he told me he wanted to smoke his first cigar with me on his 18th birthday. I picked up a pair of Davidoff Anniversario and they'll sit for the next 3 yrs (he just turned 15). Can't wait to sit on the porch and share that moment with him.
    Glad you got to have that special experience with your son. Thanks for sharing!
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Very cool. My son turns 18 in just a couple of months. Not sure what side of the fence he is on....
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    That's awesome, enjoy the first of many great smokes with your boy
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    My oldest ian is 22 (mr.fusion)now.he and I sit out on the patio and smoke and have a drink of two together.we get to talk,watch YouTube .started playing dominoes lately.some our best conversations are had out there.he prefers his pipe but its cool!!!
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Something the boy or you will never forget.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I've had the pleasure of sitting with my brother and son and enjoy a nice cigar. Those times are appreciated!!
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    All great moment guys! My oldest is 14 I have awhile to wait
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    So happy you could could have this moment and memory!
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    That's awesome, reminds me of sharing a beer with my pops for the first time.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    How cool is that. Congrats bro and I hope you guys continue this great tradition together.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    how awesome! I cant wait for my son to turn 18, he asked me a year ago if he could smoke a cigar with me when he turns 18. My response was Hell ya! We then went in and I said, pick any two cigars you want to smoke when you turn 18 and I will keep them until that day. He poked around, smelled some and he said... I think we should smoke these. Low and behold he was holding two mini corona obsidians (my favorite) and says... I think we will like these they have a faint smell of chocolate. All I could was say...nice choice Trevster, consider it done. They will have 6 years on them on his 18th.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    jsnake:
    That's awesome, I can only hope my son will want the same. He is currently 12, will be 13 in Jan, and has that rush of hormones that drive boys into their mood swings that drive me crazy. Make sure you take some pictures, you will want to remember it.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I have 3 more chances since I have 3 more younger boys. It was special for him and I plan on us having a nice hangout in a lounge sometime soon. He also wants to try a corncob pipe so we might give that a go since it is inexpensive.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Wow....that just pulled back a big memory! When I lived in KC ( north of the river ) I lived about 5 miles from The Outlaw and used to be a fixture there and I took my son there when he was of age as well. He actually had his first cigar with a friend of his and took a couple of cigars out of my humidor...said it was a couple of Cohibas ( omg ...he just had to pick out two of the most expensive ones in there...two Espys ) and both of them were sick as two dogs could get. I then started him out on some good mild to medium cigars and he still is an avid smoker today at the his ripe old age of 36.