Home General Discussion

Custom Humidor Help

HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
So fellas, I've been looking for a humidor that fits my style and what I want, and I've yet to find something I really like. I don't like just having a big box in which to stack my 'gars 2,3,4+ high - it's just too unorganized for me. So I started looking around for a dresser-like setup, but found nothing. So I sketched up this idea, and the pic is below.
Custom Humidor Sketch
Starting from the top, the black bar in the top piece is to signify a flip-down drawer that comes out to display the cutter and lighter. Below that are ten drawer levels. The first 5 drawer levels are two columns. Each drawer level is intended to hold 20 cigars in an even, flat line - no stacks. As such, the first 5 drawer levels are intended for singles, sample packs, etc...
The next 5 drawers are solid across the dresser - these are intended for full 20ct boxes, on display.
The bottom cabinet is intended for full, in-box collections to be aged. My thought is to put an Oasis XL in this bottom piece, and a couple smaller humidifiers around the middle of the cabinet.

So the thing is: I really have no idea how to measure this thing. I have a good friend who's awesome with woodworking, and together we plan on putting this together. However, neither one of us are very familiar with how to measure cigar humidors/containers/etc. So I was hoping any of you who might be better informed (in particular I'm thinking of WaxingMoon or Cabinetmaker, but anyone is welcome) can give me some foundation for measurement? Any other thoughts and/or critique are welcome as well...I appreciate all the input.

Comments