Home General Discussion

The Rain (no not you, Rain, THE Rain)

EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
I had a pretty crappy day today for reasons that are hard to explain. In fact I've had a pretty crappy couple of weeks to be honest. But right now I am sitting in my ad hoc "man corner" in the garage, heater on, smoking a cigar I like, posting on a forum that have grown quite fond over over the last couple of months, drinking the last of my Bulliet, and listing to the rain. And right now, brothers, tomorrow doesn't seem so bad...

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Sorry for the hard times brother but glad you are finding your zen moment and getting it back brother :)
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    sorry to hear things have been roughbut its good to see you finding joy in the little moments..
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    It's Western Washington man.. I understand
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I think you need an old fashion bro. Keep punching and things should turn around. If you need to vent feel free to send a pm.
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    Even though this is supposed to be one of the happiest times of the year, for some it becomes sad or lonely time. I am glad, like Irish said, you are able to take the moment to try to right the ship so to speak. I am personally thankful for the brothers in this forum who's hearts are probably bigger than their head (Christmas vacation reference) it sometimes brings me great joy, when I am down to see people giving of themselves without any thought of what's in it for them. Enjoy your moments like those, and hopefully they bring you back to a good place until the rest of life follows suit!
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    I'm reminded of some comedian I saw a few weeks ago. He was talking about men and their choice of drinks. If you're looking for a good time and walk into a bar and see them drinking a margarita or some other fruity looking colored cocktail, you know there's a good time to be had. But he said to stay away from the guy you see drinking the brown whiskey. He's working out some issues. LOL. When I heard that, I almost spit out my brown whiskey I laughed so hard...anyways, glad things are turning up for you.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I need this man's address..........no homo.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    It's oftentimes a lot of little things piled up that make things so bad, but the little things can help us at least see the light at the end of the tunnel, too. Solitude. Smoke and drink. The sound of rain. We've all been there, and we're all here for ya.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Hoping that today is GREAT.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    I hope things turn around for you. Sometimes for me all I need is my thoughts over a cigar in peace.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    I wish you the best....because I know the feeling...
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    I didn't mean my post to be sad or a cry for help or attention but something more optimistic. I was really just enjoying the sound of the rain, which last night was very hypnotic. With rain, I think, comes renewal. How does that go? "Someday a big rain will come and wash all the flith of the face of the earth." Or something like that... .

And as Bigshizza pointed out, I am a north westerner. We lot find comfort or at least familiarity in the rain.

Blessings to each of you...
    thehilk:
    Even though this is supposed to be one of the happiest times of the year, for some it becomes sad or lonely time. I am glad, like Irish said, you are able to take the moment to try to right the ship so to speak. I am personally thankful for the brothers in this forum who's hearts are probably bigger than their head (Christmas vacation reference) it sometimes brings me great joy, when I am down to see people giving of themselves without any thought of what's in it for them. Enjoy your moments like those, and hopefully they bring you back to a good place until the rest of life follows suit!
    Depends on which head Jeff :P lol ok perv moment over
    Echambers:
    I didn't mean my post to be sad or a cry for help or attention but something more optimistic. I was really just enjoying the sound of the rain, which last night was very hypnotic. With rain, I think, comes renewal. How does that go? "Someday a big rain will come and wash all the flith of the face of the earth." Or something like that... .

And as Bigshizza pointed out, I am a north westerner. We lot find comfort or at least familiarity in the rain.

Blessings to each of you...
    I know what you mean brother and no i didn't get a cry for help or anything, just wanted to say glad you are finding your zen again and that yes I love listening to rain and storms myself. Quite contemplation watching the rain fall and thunder clap at night with a good drink and fine cigar is one of the oldest guilty pleasures that many of us have :)
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    I'm so fn tired of the rain. Constantly grey, constantly cold, constantly wet. I know I know if I lived in Arizona Id be so fn tired about the heat. Think I'm gonna do what the snowbirds do, winter in AZ. Rainstorms can be cool, but it would be nice to see the sun afterward.. Actually this fall hasn't been that wet, or not as wet as normal. Just cold. But looks like were settling back into our normal pattern.
    Mon- Cloudy with increasing showers
    Tue - Cloudy showers abound, windy
    Wed- Cloudy with increasing Rain
    Thu - Rain
    Fri- Decreasing clouds with rain tapering
    Sat - Increasing clouds, afternoon and evening rain
    Sun - cloudy - sporadic showers.
    Repeat that for the next 20 weeks

Sorry didn't mean to rain all over your rain thread. Hope things get better, they usually do!