Home General Discussion

Milestone Birthday smoke / New England Herf

danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
Well Friday the 20th I have a milestone bday coming up, I'll be hitting the ripe age of 30. My 20s will be behind me and I feel I should celebrate that with one hell of a smoke and some fine scotch.

I'll be doing this at my favorite cigar bar O'Shea's in Nashua NH (I'll get to that later). But more importantly I want suggestions on what to smoke! I'd like to stay around or under the $30 range and with stuff I can get at your average b&m which the cigar bar has or here on ccom since they don't mind people bringing in their own smokes. I'm open to all suggestions.

Now onto the herf part, I'd like to invite any botls to local to the area to come have a smoke with me up at O'Sheas again it's in Nashua, NH and a pretty cool spot to smoke and have a drink, if you're interested let me know or hey just show up on the 20th I expect to show up there around 8-9 after dinner with my family.

Comments

• 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    danielruas:
    Well Friday the 20th I have a milestone bday coming up, I'll be hitting the ripe age of 30. My 20s will be behind me and I feel I should celebrate that with one hell of a smoke and some fine scotch.
    Now why does that just make me feel...............OLD!
    Ah, to be 30 again.
    The only consolation I have is knowing that one day, you too will be old. ROFL!

Oh yeah, happy birthday pup. LOL!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Happy birthday Daniel, hope it's fantastic man! As for a bday smoke I would recommend one of the Padron Family Reserve smokes, if you can find it for the right price (near the $30 mark) the 80th and 40th are fantastic and the 45th and 85th are brilliant as well... Pretty much all of them haha.. That's a brilliant option and one I've chosen myself a few years back for my bday smoke. Had the 45th Maduro and was thoroughly impressed.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    A Padron 1926 40th or 80th anniversary.
    90+ Irishman:
    Happy birthday Daniel, hope it's fantastic man! As for a bday smoke I would recommend one of the Padron Family Reserve smokes, if you can find it for the right price (near the $30 mark) the 80th and 40th are fantastic and the 45th and 85th are brilliant as well... Pretty much all of them haha.. That's a brilliant option and one I've chosen myself a few years back for my bday smoke. Had the 45th Maduro and was thoroughly impressed.
    You are such a copycat Brett
    kingjk729:
    90+ Irishman:
    Hahaha great minds think alike Jim ;)
    90+ Irishman:
    kingjk729:
    90+ Irishman:
    Hahaha great minds think alike Jim ;)
    Indeed we do brother.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Happy Birthday bro. I'd get something in a coffin to symbolize the end of an era so to speak. DPG 10th.
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    james40:
    Happy Birthday bro. I'd get something in a coffin to symbolize the end of an era so to speak. DPG 10th.
    I like the way you think! I am going to try to be there Dan! Maybe I will bring the only coffin cigar I have to smoke with you, the Reconquista. Then I could sign it and give it to you to commemorate the event! Lol
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Wish I could be there if for no other reason then to ferret out what you did to waste the first 30 and make suggestions on what to do to waste the next 30....

Best wishes, and those Padron's sound real good.
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    thehilk:
    james40:
    I like the way you think! I am going to try to be there Dan! Maybe I will bring the only coffin cigar I have to smoke with you, the Reconquista. Then I could sign it and give it to you to commemorate the event! Lol
    Sounds awesome!
    I also like the sound of the padrons they're an all time favorite
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    If you are wanting to start the day off with a stick and say a coffee for breakfast you could grab a stick that is mild, however still complex enough to keep your attention. Here are a few that are on my list for a breakfast stick. AVO The Dominant 13th limited edition 2013 Camacho Connecticut Paul Gramaian gourmet series II Have a Happy Birthday, just make sure you kick back and enjoy the day to it's fullest!
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    I would say The Old Man & C would be a good days smoke. 4 sticks for the price of one. Nice coffin and you can leave yourself a note in it. Put it away and in 10 years on the eve of 40 see what you said. I have my 20 yr , 30 yr and 40 yr notes. I don't know what I was thinking in my 20's and 30's some crazy sh!t.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    I'll try to make it but it's pretty far for me.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    I'm gonna try and get a sitter and see if I can make it.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Man 30 years old...can barely remember it. Enjoy yourself Dan and have a great time herfin wish I was there!
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Bigshizza:
    Man 30 years old...can barely remember it. Enjoy yourself Dan and have a great time herfin wish I was there!
    That was a hazy time when I had/worked at bar and extra curricular activities......I don't remember much... Congrats on 3 "0"!!!!
    Thank you gentlemen seems my 20s flew by but life is really awesome these days so I'm looking forward to what 30 brings. So far a nice padron 40th or 80th is winning but I do also like the coffin idea.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    I plan to go with a padron too (40th,45th, 80th any high end). If i can get one to my house by Friday/Saturday. Since my B&M doesn't carry them. Oh and happy birthday man.
    Apparently getting my gallbladder taken out Friday now, so I will very likely miss this :( but I'm sure I could send along a birthday gift sometime soon hehe
    No_one21:
    Apparently getting my gallbladder taken out Friday now, so I will very likely miss this :( but I'm sure I could send along a birthday gift sometime soon hehe
    Whoa good luck man, hope everything goes smooth! I'll smoke one for you!
    Be safe brother and I will be praying for good news all the way around!
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    No_one21:
    I been there my friend. I hope everything goes we'll keep me posted and let me know if there is anything u need! Still planning on being there Danny Boy!
    Thanks guys, no worries here. Been through a bunch of surgeries so it's just routine now. The important thing is you guys having fun and celebrating Daniel becoming a man :p