Home General Discussion

Birthday Smoke

JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
So my birthday is this month.. So I plan to smoke the DPG 10th Anny but i want something else and i haven't bought myself anything in a while and it will also be the end of my class, so i will have two things to celebrate. My question to you guys what cigar do you think i should splurge on? Budget is less than $30 and try not to make a suggestion of a HTF cigar as i don't wanna have to hunt this cigar down.

But suggest away and the one with the most votes wins.

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    The LFD Mysterio or Camacho Liberty are always solid IMO.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    AJ Mayimba, was very good cigar imo.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    First things first… Happy Birthday (you have my permission to celebrate all month) and congrats on finishing your class. So, what to smoke?? If it were me, I'd look for a La Aurora 100 Anos Preferido No. 1 from 2003. They're not common but still available if you look online. (There's also a re-release version out there but I've never had one.) You should be able to get one shipped under your budget. That said, I'm guessing that you probably have a pretty good idea of what you might want, so keep in mind the wisdom of the Buddha… "all answers lie within"
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    JHewey:
    So my birthday is this month.. So I plan to smoke the DPG 10th Anny but i want something else and i haven't bought myself anything in a while and it will also be the end of my class, so i will have two things to celebrate. My question to you guys what cigar do you think i should splurge on? Budget is less than $30 and try not to make a suggestion of a HTF cigar as i don't wanna have to hunt this cigar down.

If you would kindly send me your address I will send you a couple of suggestions. Thanks !
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 714
    As Curt said, send me your addy and I can send you a few selections. I am just over the border in Central New York, it will arrive in no time.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    curtpick:
    JHewey:

If you would kindly send me your address I will send you a couple of suggestions. Thanks !
    Hehehe,,,^^^
    Don't know how htf these are but a couple newer releases are the OSOK2 and AB F&R, Or mayby the Headley Grange. (not as new) Cant go wrong with Padron. Ive only smoked one of the dpg 10th and Iwould recommend smoking that one first on a clean palate, I didn't and was a little underwhelmed by it, so Im figurin some of the nuances were lost because of that, would consider t more of an morning afternoon smoke based on my first go.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Camacho Blackout. Ccom has them.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    padron always does the trick for me. lately liking the padron 46th fam reserve maduro. Or, go put up an ISO for aged esplendido
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    jliu:
    padron always does the trick for me. lately liking the padron 46th fam reserve maduro. Or, go put up an ISO for aged esplendido
    you just had to throw in a Cohiba in there didn't you?
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    I admit ok?! I like Cohibas. I LIKE THEMZ ! ! !
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Happy Birthday my friend!!

I hear that the DPG Anny is a decent stick, but not Epic Birthday Status. Opus X, Anejo, Don Carlos Anny Edicion, BHK 54 or 56, or Litto Gomez Diez would be on my list.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    curtpick:
    JHewey:

Tyland64:
    As Curt said, send me your addy and I can send you a few selections. I am just over the border in Central New York, it will arrive in no time.
    I been around long enough to know better and i will not make it that easy.. Though its not hard to find out.. lol
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    I admit ok?! I like Cohibas. I LIKE THEMZ ! ! !
    btw I have 2 esplendidos left from a 08 box. Gonna wait for zombies till I smoke them.
    The Kid:
    curtpick:
    JHewey:

Hehehe,,,^^^
    Don't know how htf these are but a couple newer releases are the OSOK2 and AB F&R, Or mayby the Headley Grange. (not as new) Cant go wrong with Padron. Ive only smoked one of the dpg 10th and Iwould recommend smoking that one first on a clean palate, I didn't and was a little underwhelmed by it, so Im figurin some of the nuances were lost because of that, would consider t more of an morning afternoon smoke based on my first go.
    AB F&R may also get smoked as i do have one of those. Padron. Can't beat a Padron i loved the few i have had but that was years ago, been meaning to revisit.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Davidoff Madduro.
    Avo Lounge.

however i do have to say that the LFD Mysterio is a great choice. half your budget, not hard to get, tons of flavor. clearly not an everyday smoke.
    dennisking:
    Happy Birthday my friend!!

I hear that the DPG Anny is a decent stick, but not Epic Birthday Status. Opus X, Anejo, Don Carlos Anny Edicion, BHK 54 or 56, or Litto Gomez Diez would be on my list.
    I wish i had another Behike, the one i smoked before was probably one of best cigars i smoked. Never had a litto gomez will look into that.
    Oh and thanks everyone for the birthday wishes
    Marker:
    How are those blackouts?
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    JHewey:
    Marker:
    How are those blackouts?
    Never had one. Just a newer release that you may not have had and easy to get through Ccom. Might be a cool birthday smoke.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Happy Birthday Justin!
    And congrats on finishing up the class.....

I'd say go something LFD or Litto Gomez, to be "different".
    but really, any of the suggestions in this thread are good.
    I do have a LFD air bender maduro thats been in humi for over a year. Don't have an Litto Gomez, never had one.. Will look into those and the blackouts and maybe a Padron.
  • LeftOversLeftOvers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Package on its way Mr Hewey. Picked a few you might like ! Let me know and enjoy kind sir !
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    I will send you something that you can use for a birthday smoke brother. ;) Happy bday man, best wishes to the family and hope you get the package before the actual day, sadly with how swamped usps is that's a crap shoot :(
    90+ Irishman:
    I will send you something that you can use for a birthday smoke brother. ;) Happy bday man, best wishes to the family and hope you get the package before the actual day, sadly with how swamped usps is that's a crap shoot :(
    There is only a few people on this forum that those words scare me.. You are one of those people.. Thanks man and all is well here, hope the same for you man.
    Should be a couple in there you would like ! Enjoy Justin ! And Happy Holidays !
    curtpick:
    Should be a couple in there you would like ! Enjoy Justin ! And Happy Holidays !
    Thanks and i will have your address, and after holidays its on..lol
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    JHewey:
    90+ Irishman:
    There is only a few people on this forum that those words scare me.. You are one of those people.. Thanks man and all is well here, hope the same for you man.
    Be very F'ing afraid.... That's an intelligent move my friend ;)
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    JHewey:
    I do have a LFD air bender maduro thats been in humi for over a year. Don't have an Litto Gomez, never had one.. Will look into those and the blackouts and maybe a Padron.
    love the air benders myself.but id go with the padron something out of your ordinary circle. and by the way very happy birthday brother!!!