Home General Discussion

Looking for a powerful cigar

GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
My friend has wanted to find a full bodied powerhouse for a while now but every full bodied cigar I recommend he smokes too slow for anything to build up. I gave him a Vegas cask II and he said he enjoyed it but then today he shot me a text saying that he spent the rest of the night hugging the toilet. SUCCESS!!! I have never been so glad to see someone vomit.

I had him try and puff on a 45-60 second regiment which seems to have made the difference.

Comments

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Get him a Man 'o War Ruination, that thing is alot stronger than the Cask Strength, IMO. It nearly put me down and I had it after supper. The JDN Antano is pretty powerful too, try the Belicoso.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I gave him a antano and he felt nothing. I didn't belive him so I had one a week or so later and I sort of agreed. Thats what started my JDN quest.

Do you think my idea of smoking speed has anything to do with percieved strength?

the MoW runiation is a good idea.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Goldy:
    Do you think my idea of smoking speed has anything to do with percieved strength?
    I think there is a definite relation. Take the Ruination for example, I always smoke them relatively slow and they are always strong, but the times I smoke a little quicker (read as the faster of the slow) I always feels it more in my gut, like a weight.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I still need to try both the Cask Strength II and the MoW Ruination. From what I hear, sounds like I'm gonna enjoy both of these.
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I smoked an Oliva serie V double toro yesterday without anything substantial in my stomach and I was a little worried about the possibility of vomiting for a while there.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I smoke MoW ruinations for breakfast, then eat the nub. Wusses.... lol.. Just kidding . . . About the wuss part..
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    cabinetmaker:
    I smoke MoW ruinations for breakfast, then eat the nub. Wusses.... lol.. Just kidding . . . About the wuss part..
    Haha, nice.

I guess the strongest cigar I've had is the Oliva Serie V. That one has turned me green a couple of times.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Matt Marvel:
    cabinetmaker:
    Haha, nice.

I guess the strongest cigar I've had is the Oliva Serie V. That one has turned me green a couple of times.
    man... i must be a full bodied junkie...

the V is about the midpoint of where i like my cigars.

try a LFD double ligero.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I got som MoW's resting right now and am excited to try them!
    Good luck on your quest!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    kuzi16:
    Matt Marvel:
    cabinetmaker:
    Haha, nice.

man... i must be a full bodied junkie...

try a LFD double ligero.
    I've yet to try the double ligero. I'm sure I would've tried some stronger sticks by now if I had the money to spend. The last couple of months or so I haven't been able to buy anything.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Do the LFD DL El Jocko or 601 Green Trumbuco (sp?)
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I'm still new but I'm yet to have any cigar turn me green, make me nauseaous, or the slightest bit uneasy. I too have had the Oliva V Double Robusto and I really enjoyed it. But I also really enjoy other very powerful intoxicants.... legal ones mind you!
    kuzi16:
    Try a Serie V maduro, this one literally turned my stomach.

La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet is pretty strong as is the Limitado III.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    It's been a while since I've had one, but the Rocky Patel Edge Sumatra (the red label) is pretty powerful. Many of the others suggested should do the trick, too!
  • AyatoAyato Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    The LFD Double Ligero or the Factory Press III are both excellent choices.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    The Oliva V is strong, but I can handle it on an empty stomach. The LFD Double Ligero (as many have mentioned) is another very powerful stick, give it a shot.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I know that Camacho tends to make a very powerful product; the diploma is one of the few cigars that really spun me around. The 8/22 is fantastic as well, and I would also recommend the Select. All great, strong cigars.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    ill get right on that. how bout you start by sending me one?

or at least finding one...
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:

I got a few of them from Andy, but I smoked two of them and sent one to our buddy Vinny, out at sea. Sorry Kuzi, I would have gladly sent one to you. They are pretty powerful too.
    Check with Andy... maybe he can get more.
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:

A local shop has a few left, but I hate it when they mark up because it is rare. I think that they were MSRP + $2 a stick.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:

ccom has them listed as in stock!!!!!!!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I don't know if this was just me being a rookie but I had a CAO MX2 about a year ago and it just about knocked me over. I have been wanting to go back to it and try for revenge...
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    Pm me your address and I will. Or was that post more smart-assery than serious, cuz that's how it looked.