Home Non Cigar Related

Met my first billionaire today

blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
Other than liking to hear himself talk and wearing a suit that probably cost as much as I make in a month the guy seemed very nice and down to earth.

Color me surprised that he wasn't a total jack wad and that he was passionate about reinventing the way we provide healthcare and housing to our nations seniors.

Comments

• perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    blutattoo:
    Other than liking to hear himself talk and wearing a suit that probably cost as much as I make in a month the guy seemed very nice and down to earth.

Color me surprised that he wasn't a total jack wad and that he was passionate about reinventing the way we provide healthcare and housing to our nations seniors.
    Never met a billionaire, but I did meet one of the timber company multi-millionaires and a guy who founded and sold a big regional pizza chain at a country club I worked for as a kid. The guys who founded their own companies or worked their way up through one were generally good guys, it was their wives and kids that were the asses.

So where did this one make his money?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Who? Is it a secret?
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    I was punked once by Donald Trumps body gaurd. Apparently I was in the Trumpsters way so his body gaurd picked me up and moved me. I'm 6' 2" and about 200 lbs....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    when it all comes down to it, people are people no matter how much money they have. I have met many people that were worth well over $100 million. not sure if i have met anyone worth over a billion. not sure i really care. none of them struck me as anything other than "people"

there are a$$hole rich and a$$hole poor. there are nice rich people and nice poor people. money doesnt corrupt everyone, only the weak.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    perkinke:
    blutattoo:

Never met a billionaire, but I did meet one of the timber company multi-millionaires and a guy who founded and sold a big regional pizza chain at a country club I worked for as a kid. The guys who founded their own companies or worked their way up through one were generally good guys, it was their wives and kids that were the asses.

So where did this one make his money?
    Real Estate and investments I believe. He has an eclectic background, organic chemist, lawyer, and real state developer. He founded a venture capital firm in San Francisco and they do a bunch of stuff like medical equipment research and development, healthcare, real estate development. Worked his way through college by doing construction. I don't think he actually comes from money, which is kind of cool.

I wouldn't be comfortable name dropping, because he is such a private guy and he is a huge client. Plus it's not like he is famous, just rich.
    Echambers:
    I was punked once by Donald Trumps body gaurd. Apparently I was in the Trumpsters way so his body gaurd picked me up and moved me. I'm 6' 2" and about 200 lbs....
    Musta been one big body gaurd!
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    blutattoo:
    Echambers:
    Musta been one big body gaurd!
    I think he was about 7' and twice as wide as me.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    a billionaire is the new millionaire
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I know one and he's cheap as f¥ck
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I know one and he's cheap as f¥ck
    Hah, this must be true since I picked up the tab for lunch.