Home General Discussion

Strange Cigar

WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
I've had this baby sitting in my humidor for about 5 months now. Bought it at a local BNM. Can't even remember how much it was. A Berger & Argenti. It's almost as if it's a small ring cigar wrapped into a larger ring, with the foot of the small ringer sticking out.

Inside the band reads "This exquisite cigar is a tribute to the time-honored cuban cigar making technique called "ENTUBAR". Each deeply aged filler leaf is rolled into itself creating delicate "scrolls" of rich, flavorful tobacco. The "ENTUBAR" scrolls are firmly bunched-creating a superior cigar of exceptional complexity and draw."

The taste of the cap was like leaves. Ever jump around in piles of leaves after raking them up as a child and get one in your mouth? That flavor. Not bad, not good, just brought a smile to my face making me remember those days. Upon toasting I got light pepper through the nose and the sweet tobacco taste. The pepper came and went throughout the burn. The last 2 inches became bitter so I didn't nub it. The draw was good and the ash hung tight for about an inch and a half.

Submitted for your approval...

Comments