Home General Discussion

Going from infused to not in your humi

New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
So, I have my small humi (50) with some infusions in it. If need be, what would be the time frame to go from it having infusions in it, to moving over to regular sticks? Obviously I'd get all the infusions smoked first.

Comments

• james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Good question and I'm sure someone will post about it shortly. I'm curious though what is the "B-Team"?
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    james40:
    Good question and I'm sure someone will post about it shortly. I'm curious though what is the "B-Team"?
    Well, most folks have some kind of signature item.... "A-Team", MOW, etc....so, I decided I'll start the B-Team...there is 1 member!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    New Boots:
    james40:
    Well, most folks have some kind of signature item.... "A-Team", MOW, etc....so, I decided I'll start the B-Team...there is 1 member!
    Oooh Oooh, can I be number 2? I'm really good at shining shoes....
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    New Boots:
    So, I have my small humi (50) with some infusions in it. If need be, what would be the time frame to go from it having infusions in it, to moving over to regular sticks? Obviously I'd get all the infusions smoked first.
    Hmm....until you only smell the cedar and don't notice any "leftover" scent from the infused sticks....
    I'd say about the same amount of time it takes to "air out" the plastic smell from a coolidor...
    So a couple days.....

Just leave the lid open for a couple days, put some newspaper in the humi if you want (it will help absorb the smell), and just give it a "sniff test". Once it smells good to you then reseason it and add your "regular" cigars and you'll be good to go.
    james40:
    New Boots:
    james40:
    Oooh Oooh, can I be number 2? I'm really good at shining shoes....
    Sure, why not!
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    The smell is held primarily by moisture. This is one of the reasons deer and other game can smell hunters best in high humidity. In the humidor most of the smell is held in the sticks not the wood--thus the danger in mixing is that the smell transfers foremost to the other sticks. This is just a guess, because I've never tried it but I'd say open up your humidor for a few days after you smoked all the infused and let it dry out the re-season it.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    New Boots:
    james40:
    lol literally 2 days ago my roommate and I planned out a whole B-Team movie in our heads. Think spoof movie like "Not Another Teen Movie" or "Superhero Movie" but about action movies and everyone just screws up hehe
    No_one21:
    New Boots:
    james40:
    lol literally 2 days ago my roommate and I planned out a whole B-Team movie in our heads. Think spoof movie like "Not Another Teen Movie" or "Superhero Movie" but about action movies and everyone just screws up hehe
    LOL, thats pretty much how I look at it
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    No_one21:
    New Boots:
    james40:
    How about Z-movies?
    Alien vs Hunter ..... Snakes on a Train ....