Home General Discussion

Is there any truth to this

blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
A local B&M told me that a cigar is allowed to have 7% of its weight come from Cuban tobacco. His point in saying this was that they had some cigars that came in porcelain boxes accounting for a good deal of weight and that the cigars themselves were fully of Cuban origin. I'd never heard anything like that. Was this some crazy sales pitch or was there some truth to it? Can't remember the name, but they were like $30-40 a stick.

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Unless this is some super secret squirrel hush hush MI6 secret that the US government has tried to hide from us I'm going with.... No. There is zero truth in that, that was as beautiful a used car salesman sales pitch as I've ever heard, sorry Blue :( If you have never tried CC cigars though then PM me and I we can talk about ways to fix that ;)
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    That's some funny ish right there. Also don't ever go back to that guy.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Did he say they were just like a cohiba?
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Tell him you'll buy a box of Cubans from him, if he buys a plot of land in Nigeria from you.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Makes me wonder what kind of cigars he is selling for $40 a stick?
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    New Boots:
    Tell him you'll buy a box of Cubans from him, if he buys a plot of land in Nigeria from you.
    Lol, I figured I'd just bring him a box of swisher sweets and rebrand them as Siglo IV's and see if he was willing to trade straight across.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Ya gotta love those who come up with this stuff!
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    Thats some of the funniest *** I've ever heard
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Absolute and utter bullsh*t

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    The majority of owners of B&M's that talk about Cubans have no clue what they are talking about and are selling fakes... It's the owner that doesn't talk about them you want to meet.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Sounds like those Byron cigars
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    catfishbluezz:
    The majority of owners of B&M's that talk about Cubans have no clue what they are talking about and are selling fakes... It's the owner that doesn't talk about them you want to meet.
    What makes this worse is this is a chain store, not just one guy. Well they have 3 shops locally, not sure if that qualifies as a chain.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    blutattoo:
    catfishbluezz:
    What makes this worse is this is a chain store, not just one guy. Well they have 3 shops locally, not sure if that qualifies as a chain.
    Then the employee is a joke... Read him the Treasury Department's stance on Cuban goods. We legally cannot buy them overseas...let alone here. The guy is smoking crack. However, there are cases of Pre Embargo smokes that are out there. Most come from a connection to Armando Ramos I believe. There was a large amount sold in the late nineties towards the end of Clinton's era, and it was all rolled up by 2005. It was so old though, it was not very flavorfull, and now they are meh. I've had a few PE puros and blends, and they were meh.