Home General Discussion

Just weird trivia

FNAFNA Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 55
Surfed into an episode of "I Dream of Jeannie" the other day.

Bill daly's character was smoking a righteous stogie (actually I thinkhe was just holding it unlit, in mouth in hand)

A a big ol' CANDELA churchill.

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Yup, candelas were actually the preferred cigar in the US back in those days. I'd post a link to an article about it, but feel free to just google one if you are interested. I'm lazy.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Speaking of candela wrappers, I've wanted to try the Illusione Holy Lance candela, but can never find it in stores.

And while we're still on the subject, the process they use to ferment the leaf is a little different and uses a warmer temperature so as to retain the chlorophyll that causes the green pigmentation.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    I've never smoked a stick with a candela wrapper. How is the taste?
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    I think the black market was ok, but shizz bombed me with a fuente candela that was the bomb!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I had a Viaje WLP Candela. Meh. My idea of a good mild smoke is a Diesel or MOW. I can't taste a candela wrapper. Literally
  • FNAFNA Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 55
    can't taste a candela wrapper? Man, to me, that would be the first wrapper that one could identify blind folded.

Very distinctive grassy or freah hay flavors/aromas.
  • FNAFNA Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 55
    As far as I know, the candela's US popularity held through the late 50's into the 70's.

I've seen other 60s technicolor movies where the green wrapper could be noticed.

There seems to be a resurgence of these wrappers. they appear to be far more available than 10 years ago. Course Fuente has been a bulwark for years.