Home General Discussion

Hard plastic cigar tubes

New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
Ok...this is really a 2 part question...though I think I may know the answer to both

I'm guessing the hard plastic tubes are not ideal for storage inside the humi, correct?

If that is in fact the case, that would mean that "ShizzSis", who sent me one in said tube...did not in fact have said cigar in the humi to start with!

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    You can put the tubos in the humi. Many prefer to remove the cap to allow for proper humidity exchange, but it's not necessary.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Also some people put cigars in tubes so they don't get damaged during delivery! Don't think too hard and just put it in the humi as you like too
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Also some people put cigars in tubes so they don't get damaged during delivery! Don't think too hard and just put it in the humi as you like too
    I thought that at first....but I double checked and the seal is intact.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    No, as far as I know, they are supposed to be kept inside the humi with the cigar inside the tubo. (I assume we are talkin' about tubos.) But it's kinda like cello. You can take 'em out of the tubo if you want, or you can leave them in. But either way, keep it in the humi.. As to the second part of your question, she most probably had it in the humi.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Those tubes are not as air tight as they look. They need humidification.

The rule of thumb is that you can keep a cigar in a container without a humidor if you would feel safe putting that container under water with cigars in it.
    Oh...i wasnt going to leave it cigar out of the humi....for shame! Just wondered if it was ok in the tube. Ask shizzsis what about it...shes the one that shoved it up my.......uh.........so......hows your day going?
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    kuzi16:

The rule of thumb is that you can keep a cigar in a container without a humidor if you would feel safe putting that container under water with cigars in it.
    ...this just gave me an idea for the coolest humidor ever, submerged in a shark tank. Conversation starter, classy aesthetic, and the ability to do away with meddling British Secret Service Agents.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    How do you get the cigars out of the tank then?? OOOH can it be shaped like a treasure chest? Get one of those dome tops and make it look old!!
    jthanatos:
    kuzi16:

...this just gave me an idea for the coolest humidor ever, submerged in a shark tank. Conversation starter, classy aesthetic, and the ability to do away with meddling British Secret Service Agents.

• jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    No_one21:
    How do you get the cigars out of the tank then?? OOOH can it be shaped like a treasure chest? Get one of those dome tops and make it look old!!
    Hidden panel with lift controls? raises humidor and sunken bridge to it? Or do we go the manly route, and keep a harpoon gun at poolside? At least it would make aging sticks easier.

Bob Luken:
    jthanatos:
    kuzi16:

jthanatos:
    No_one21:
    Hidden panel with lift controls? raises humidor and sunken bridge to it? Or do we go the manly route, and keep a harpoon gun at poolside? At least it would make aging sticks easier.

Bob Luken:
    jthanatos:
    kuzi16:

Yeah baby!