Home General Discussion

cigArt

Comments

• soyouseesoyousee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 33
    Like it all, how about lips on, finger wrapped over? Maybe side view Luken's stach on left side.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    That cutter is cool. Well, they all are. Serious talent. I can barely draw a stick figure.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    Way cool art! You got mad skills & talent
  • variant2variant2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 351
    That's some impressive finger doodling there Daniel. I'm not sure what your background is but you definitely have a knack for composition and creativity so please don't stop what you're doing.

After looking at this thread, you inspired me to download an app on the iPad and give the finger doodle a try. As a person who relies on photoshop most of the time, I thought these tablet sketch apps are gimmicky and boy was I wrong. Aside from having an impressive suite of tools I actually found finger sketching to be fun & therapeutic. Thanks bro for this thread!

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    variant2:
    That's some impressive finger doodling there Daniel. I'm not sure what your background is but you definitely have a knack for composition and creativity so please don't stop what you're doing.

After looking at this thread, you inspired me to download an app on the iPad and give the finger doodle a try. As a person who relies on photoshop most of the time, I thought these tablet sketch apps are gimmicky and boy was I wrong. Aside from having an impressive suite of tools I actually found finger sketching to be fun & therapeutic. Thanks bro for this thread!

thank you for the kind words. Yes! You hit it right on the nose as being "fun and therapeutic". This came out awesome! Looks like this one took some time too. Great detail. Which app did you use?
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:

thank you for the kind words. Yes! You hit it right on the nose as being "fun and therapeutic". This came out awesome! Looks like this one took some time too. Great detail. Which app did you use?
    I used Procreate. Bought it on the reviews but was very happy to see that it has many of the functions that I use with Photoshop: customizable brushes, layers, blend modes, etc.

Which app did you use?

variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:

I used Procreate. Bought it on the reviews but was very happy to see that it has many of the functions that I use with Photoshop: customizable brushes, layers, blend modes, etc.

Which app did you use?

Sketch Guru. It's free so it's very limited. I wish it at least had layers. I used to mess with photoshop back in the day. Very powerful tool. ...... To answer your previous comment, I never took any art classes. I just experimented and tought myself. I was actually really into graffiti art (no I was never a tagger nor did I vandalized buildings lol)
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:

Which app did you use?

Sketch Guru. It's free so it's very limited. I wish it at least had layers. I used to mess with photoshop back in the day. Very powerful tool. ...... To answer your previous comment, I never took any art classes. I just experimented and tought myself. I was actually really into graffiti art (no I was never a tagger nor did I vandalized buildings lol)
    Same here, the only art class I took was way back in 5th grade and took a liking to it. I went from pencil drawing to Photoshop for photo manipulations and after my kids were born... into photography. Don't do it professionally because I will not appreciate it anymore.

If you want a free app with layers, give Adobe Ideas a try. It even allows you to control the layer opacity.

• ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    danielzreyes:
    I've been waiting for this one. Very Nice!
    danielzreyes:
    Nice!

Okay, you're getting to the point where you can soon open up a cigArt gallery.

• No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Cheesy I know but you should call it Cigart lol
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    Nice!

I'm waiting on you to chime in on some more of your work.
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    Nice!

I'm waiting on you to chime in on some more of your work.
    Sure thing -- I'll have some free time in a couple of days to contribute some finger doodle content.
    So, I got a new lighter in the mail yesterday...

variant2:

Ummm WOW. 2 things ....... 1. Checked out you photos, killer shots my friend. 2. Where do you live?
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:

Ummm WOW. 2 things ....... 1. Checked out you photos, killer shots my friend. 2. Where do you live?
    1. Thank you sir.
    2. Born & raised in NY. Moved to central Jersey in the late 80's
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:

1. Thank you sir.
    2. Born & raised in NY. Moved to central Jersey in the late 80's
    I mean where exactly ..... do you live?
    Woodbridge, NJ
    variant2:
    Woodbridge, NJ
    What street? lol
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:
    Woodbridge, NJ
    What street? lol
    Amboy Ave.
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:
    Woodbridge, NJ
    What street? lol
    Amboy Ave.
    just PM me your addy already
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:
    danielzreyes:
    variant2:
    Woodbridge, NJ
    What street? lol
    Amboy Ave.
    just PM me your addy already
    Hmmm....
    Think I'm gonna regret it.

• twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    Hey,I used to live in old bridge nj,before we moved to Florida in 2001.used to hit the wood bridge mall all the time..
    twistedstem:
    Hey,I used to live in old bridge nj,before we moved to Florida in 2001.used to hit the wood bridge mall all the time..
    Good thing you moved -- the property taxes here are out of control.
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    danielzreyes:
    Good thread. Like this one a lot.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    danielzreyes:
    ftw