Home General Discussion

Both humidifier and hygrometer are bad.

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
Bought both in preparation of a nice humi in the future, along with "seasoning" packs. A kit buy and I won't make that mistake again.
Could not get the one humidifiers to take any water on at all.
And after 2 days the hygrometer is stuck on 50 in a salt test bag.
Ordered some gel tubes and a new digital meter.
Wish I had read "Things A Newbie Should Know" before I ordered. Live and learn.

Comments

• New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Is the hygrometer analog or digital? Those analogs are junk...nice to look at when it's part of the humi, but junk for actual use.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    New Boots:
    Is the hygrometer analog or digital? Those analogs are junk...nice to look at when it's part of the humi, but junk for actual use.

Analog. Pretty brass, like you said, but it is definitely junk, like you said.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    jd50ae:
    New Boots:

Analog. Pretty brass, like you said, but it is definitely junk, like you said.
    I've got the same problem on my smaller humi. Nice brass dial on the front of the humi.....but 100% useless.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    My analog hygrometer read correctly once... of course it was an accident on its part. Seriously though I have one that reads exactly the same as my Xikar digital... after couple of weeks of checking them to one another. I salt tested and recalibrated both and they were the same. Got lucky but always careful.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    macs-smokes:
    My analog hygrometer read correctly once... of course it was an accident on its part. Seriously though I have one that reads exactly the same as my Xikar digital... after couple of weeks of checking them to one another. I salt tested and recalibrated both and they were the same. Got lucky but always careful.
    one of my analogs is dead on! You know you can adjust most of them right?!?! But really I just use hygrometers for temp since I have full trust in my humidity controls