Home General Discussion

I think I shall have to read every post on this forum.

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
I am a bit confused about some of the goings on and the acronyms are everywhere.
Ah newbies, ain't we great..................

Comments

• New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    jd50ae:
    I am a bit confused about some of the goings on and the acronyms are everywhere.
    YAY NEWBS!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    jd50ae:
    what acronyms? We can probably figure this out pretty quickly.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    I think I have too... and I love it. almost wish there was more to read. Now thanks to this forum.... my eyes are getting hungry for a pipe try....

Aj
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    jd50ae:
    In case you haven't seen it already .... this thread: Newbs to Forums Please READ!!!! is a great place to start. Lots of useful info and links to the other popular "newbie" threads can be found there.

Oh and BTW, sorry I'm a little late but --- Welcome!!!!
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    You are correct. There's a bunch of those. The members here love to abbeviate the cigars - JDN (Joya De Nicaragua) PDR (Pinar Del Rio) MOW (Man O War) there are tons of those acronyms. And then there's the terminology - ROTT (Right off the truck) But I know you'll catch on fast ;)
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Bob Luken:
    You are correct. There's a bunch of those. The members here love to abbeviate the cigars - JDN (Joya De Nicaragua) PDR (Pinar Del Rio) MOW (Man O War) there are tons of those acronyms. And then there's the terminology - ROTT (Right off the truck) But I know you'll catch on fast ;)
    KTHXBAI
    CCOM (Cigar.com) BOTL (Brother of the Leaf)
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI
    Same to you pal! :P
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI
    is that klingon for "go F yourself"?
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI
    Break it up. K THX BAI (kay, thanks, bye)

It's what 16 year old girls say when June tries to hit on them.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Ken Light:
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI

BWAHAHAHAHA *snort*
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI

BWAHAHAHAHA *snort*
    lmfao
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    And don't forget B&M, which is "brick and mortar". Welcome to the forums!
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    robertgreen30:
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    brianetz1:
    Rain:
    Bob Luken:
    KTHXBAI

BWAHAHAHAHA *snort*
    lmfao

BPE (best post ever)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I don't know what you BORKS are talking about. I want to go out for a cigar, but I can't decide between an ISOM, LFD, LP, or DPG. The DPG is ROTT, so I'll probably wait on that. The ISOM I want to smoke has a code of MUR MAY 13, so I should probably skip that one too. Maybe the LFD DL or LP L40......oh yeah, what were we talking about? You know what, as with anything, just give it time. In a couple months, you will be shocked at how much you have picked up and learned with this hobby and forum. It's crazy.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    SleevePlz:
    I don't know what you BORKS are talking about. I want to go out for a cigar, but I can't decide between an ISOM, LFD, LP, or DPG. The DPG is ROTT, so I'll probably wait on that. The ISOM I want to smoke has a code of MUR MAY 13, so I should probably skip that one too. Maybe the LFD DL or LP L40......oh yeah, what were we talking about? You know what, as with anything, just give it time. In a couple months, you will be shocked at how much you have picked up and learned with this hobby and forum. It's crazy.
    HAHAHAHAHA Teach! I'm not sure what scared me more, how easily I read and understood all of that or how bad it made me want to smoke some of those lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    SleevePlz:
    out to the B&M?