Home General Discussion

I don't care what time it is.

jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
I'm going to light up a 7inch 5 Vegas Gold. Why you may ask.....because I have never tried one and it looks very intriguing.

Comments

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    I think I've had a shorter version of one of those. They are nice. I'm not great at describing flavors but I remember enjoying it. That one will burn for a while. LOL
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I've had a few 5 Vegas of different sizes and rings, etc. Enjoyed all of them. Of course, in the grand scheme of things, this was really still "day one" of my cigar career. So, even if I could describe it...I couldn't. At that point it was really. Did I like it? Yes? No? Thats as far as my knowledge went
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    I hope I don't rum out of um.....refreshment first. So far It is a very good smoke.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    I really enjoy this cigar in the churchhill size. They burn great and need almost no attention. They are great smokes if your outside reading, or working on something for a few hours. You don't really have to think about them. They are Just good. My only complaint about them are the first 3 or 4 puffs are kinda "harsh".
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    I really enjoy those. My fav size is robusto, so that's what I smoked. Always can count on enjoying one of those. I did buy a box of the gold maduros once too. I think I just had a bad batch, as all of the first 6 or so I tried just wouldn't stay lit for the life of me. Ended up giving them to someone (with the lighting warning of course). The taste was awesome.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    New Boots:
    I've had a few 5 Vegas of different sizes and rings, etc. Enjoyed all of them. Of course, in the grand scheme of things, this was really still "day one" of my cigar career. So, even if I could describe it...I couldn't. At that point it was really. Did I like it? Yes? No? Thats as far as my knowledge went
    ...this is still where I am.
    Rain:
    New Boots:
    ...this is still where I am.

I'm still pretty much there too. I have 3 levels now, instead of two.

Level 1: Very much likey

Level 2: Good, but not great

Level 3: Tastes like anus
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    jd50ae:
    I'm going to light up a 7inch 5 Vegas Gold. Why you may ask.....because I have never tried one and it looks very intriguing.

I love that attitude. Sometimes I feel like I just need to do the same.!

Aj
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    jd50ae:
    I hope I don't rum out of um.....refreshment first. So far It is a very good smoke.
    The best of freudian slips...
    jthanatos:
    jd50ae:
    Nice catch...I missed that!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    jthanatos:
    jd50ae:
    I'm starting to get very afraid of drinking around James in Chicgao suddenly :P
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    that's the first time I've heard an Irishman say that!
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    90+ Irishman:
    jthanatos:
    jd50ae:
    PAtoNH:
    that's the first time I've heard an Irishman say that!
    Hahahaha this Irishman ain't afraid of liquor, just doing so around James Hahahaha jk though :P
    jthanatos:
    90+ Irishman:
    jthanatos:
    jd50ae:
    I just fell out of my chair when I pulled this up.... James please spare me!
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    jd50ae:
    I think these are highly under rated. Okay, they are not "exciting" but they are a very good basic mild cigar. I really like the nice little punch up front. I've smoked many of these and never had a problem with burn, or anything for that matter.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Now one of my new favorites. 3 hours and the thing never went out and it was a very smooth constant flavor all the way. I think the shorter version would make an excellent choice for my morning cup of Sumatra with Irish Cream. I will, in the near future, find out.