Home General Discussion

Cohiba red dot minis/pequenos

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
So anyone had these? Quick smokes I assume due to their RG and length. Input?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    They are ok...more strength then the regulars both are good in different ways so just try them if you really want to
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    I assume they should be stores in the humi out of the tins?
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Mine have been out of the tin and in my humi a few months now ready for winter. They're good for what they are, a quick (30 min-ish) smoke for the cold. Don't really compare that well to good full sized sticks, but one of the better cigarillos I've tried. I'd recommend them.
    No_one21:
    Mine have been out of the tin and in my humi a few months now ready for winter. They're good for what they are, a quick (30 min-ish) smoke for the cold. Don't really compare that well to good full sized sticks, but one of the better cigarillos I've tried. I'd recommend them.

do you have the minis or the pequenos? Trying to gauge smoke times and which kne would be more worthwhile. I love the red dots and am trying to decide what I wanna get for Xmas. I know I wanna get some Hemingways but I wanted to get some cohibas too. Trying to balance out cost to quality on the little sticks.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    I've had the Pequeños myself and for what they are meant to be (short but similar representations of the big brother sizes of the blends) they aren't half bad. The Pequeños can take 30-40 min depending on how fast you smoke and are much better than the smaller cigarillos.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Pequenos. I've done about 30-35 min on the 2/6 I've had. Gotta inhale a bit lighter on them since I'm used to one long draw for most of mine, I think smoke them kind of like lanceros? But I could be wrong. Either way, certainly worth the price if you need a timely tasty smoke.
    No_one21:
    Pequenos. I've done about 30-35 min on the 2/6 I've had. Gotta inhale a bit lighter on them since I'm used to one long draw for most of mine, I think smoke them kind of like lanceros? But I could be wrong. Either way, certainly worth the price if you need a timely tasty smoke.
    Decent way to approach smoking them yeah, gotta smoke me much more "gingerly" so that you don't get them too hot and ruin them.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    90+ Irishman:
    No_one21:
    Decent way to approach smoking them yeah, gotta smoke me much more "gingerly" so that you don't get them too hot and ruin them.

Pequenos hands down and the Cohiba black in that vitola. Very good IMO.
    RCY Cigars:
    90+ Irishman:
    No_one21:

Pequenos hands down and the Cohiba black in that vitola. Very good IMO.
    Hahaha funny enough it's the Black line that I had in the Pequeños and yeah I enjoyed me too :)
    For the price it won't be a huge hit to the bank if they aren't what I was hoping for. In all honesty at the rate I smoke I'll have at least 4 in my humi aging for a while. Looks like it's a Cameroon cigar Christmas for me. :) gonna bits and piece it all together and a tin of cohibas will be a welcome addition.