Home General Discussion

Companies pushing out too fast

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
Recently I have noticed that some companies have been inconsistent on some of the blends they put out. I've always been a sucker for limited runs and small batch stuff but it seems too me they need to hold back and slow things down! Even some of the regular production stuff tastes so different from what I can remember. It really is making me think way more then twice about pulling the trigger! What really kills me is you'd think if it's a limited run the qc would be great...well so far it has been 60/40 which IMO is unexceptable. I have written emails to a few companies and none have been returned regarding construction issues. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but damn it's a big turn off!!

Comments

• New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    You'd think that your mid-high range cigar makers would be all about quality
    The market has to much competition to allow your standards to be lowered
    However, the all mighty dollar speaks very loudly.

Sadly, you also have to believe that for every one person who will catch on, there are two who won't. At that point its a game of numbers.
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    An astute observation here as when the cigar business gets popular like it did in the late 90's into the early 2000 cigars were coming out like Coke and Pepsi products...several a week. I know that you can't have quality cigars coming out that fast but it's the timing that a lot of manufacturers will jump on...when it's hot it's hot and no time like the present to ride the wave of cigars. Some will distance themselves from companies that just bring out "tobacco cigars" and call them the 8th wonder of the World. Cigars manufacturers tend to target the younger smokers by marketing/advertising so that they can capitalize on their naivete' and sell product quickly. Once the naivete' wears off you'll see that the consumer will stay with a particular profile and Vendor. It's the World Class Manufacturer that sustains their viability with great product and most of us know who they are.