Home General Discussion

I found one...

KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
So I was hanging out with some buddies at a bar last Friday and I saw someone smoking a cigar. I decided to ask him what he was smoking and he said San Lotano....so from right then I was impressed so we started talking some more...asked him if he tried the new Oval Connecticut yet..etc. We sat out there and talked about cigars for over 2hrs. He knew what he was talking about too. I finally found someone at that really knew his *** when it came to cigars. I'm talking wrappers, blends, primings..etc. My kind of cigar guy. I gave him a Ramon Bueso Odysessy and told him about Ccom...(he knew about CI already...but told him the customer service at Ccom was 100x better). As it turns out, he puts out a magazine here in ATL. It is about local eateries, wine, spirits and cigars! Finding another kindred spirit made my evening perfect.

Comments

• MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Awesome find! I usually just run into idiots.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    its awesome when you finally find your local Cigar Buddy... it really makes the experiance really enjoyable when you can share insight and some good gab. especially if you can share it over a nice drink or 2...

• Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Nice. It's always good to find someone who understands what you're talking about. It's a refreshing change from the usual blank stares you get when you tell someone a certain cigar tasted like cream, or roast turkey or something, and you see the question form in their eyes "what the hell is he talking about?".
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Hold on to him, Krieg. Hold on to him tight and never let him go.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    bigharpoon:
    I don't know Harps, it was only the first date.. (You know I'm just having fun Chris)
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    kaspera79:
    bigharpoon:
    I don't know Harps, it was only the first date.. (You know I'm just having fun Chris)
    So long as you love him in the way a man loves a good cigar, not in a prison kind of way. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    perkinke:
    kaspera79:
    bigharpoon:
    So long as you love him in the way a man loves a good cigar, not in a prison kind of way. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

no "man-crush" allowed? Lol

Aj
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Was his name George? Just remember, if you love him and squeeze him and name him George, hold on loosely but don't let go.

lol Just kidding. That's really cool. I usually just run into idiots too. Even when I rarely make it too a cigar bar - just a bunch of know-it-alls but really know-nothing blowhards lol
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Heavy:
    Was his name George? Just remember, if you love him and squeeze him and name him George, hold on loosely but don't let go.

lol Just kidding. That's really cool. I usually just run into idiots too. Even when I rarely make it too a cigar bar - just a bunch of know-it-alls but really know-nothing blowhards lol
    LOL, i remember that guy
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Krieg:
    Heavy:

LOL, i remember that guy
    Insert Daffy Duck voice now... "Stop it. You're hurting me."