Home General Discussion

Time spent in the warehouse,....

Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
We are always aware of the age of our cigars from the time we have them and the added value that is achieved with age. But for your average five pack, what about the time they spend in the warehouse. Does that count for anything? Is that time a credit to the cigar's maturity? Or do they not keep them long enough to matter? Im wondering if there is ever some unsold stock that sits for years and does that mean they would taste better? Or do they force quicker turnover by discounting the slow moving stock? How much time on average would a five pack spend  in the ccom warehouse? Your thoughts? 

Comments

• curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    I have none since the 70,s. Sorry
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Unless you're buying a box that is date stamped, you'll never know for sure.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Time spent in warehouse definitely counts for age. I've seen Ccom have a sale on MOW Ruination and when they started showing up they were all original release. That was a score for anyone who got in on that sale. Although, not all cigars age the same. Some are not good candidates for aging as well, not to mention taste is subjective.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    bigharpoon:
    Time spent in warehouse definitely counts for age. I've seen Ccom have a sale on MOW Ruination and when they started showing up they were all original release. That was a score for anyone who got in on that sale. Although, not all cigars age the same. Some are not good candidates for aging as well, not to mention taste is subjective.
    It was both the Ruination and the original mow :)
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I would say that it counts but I also believe that the CI warehouse (that ships for CCom, CI, CigarBid, etc) keeps the humidity at 64RH which would slow the aging process a little (from what I remember).

With that said, I love running across stuff that has been resting a long time at a shop.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    SleevePlz:
    good thing that more and more brands are doing that.
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    danielzreyes:
    bigharpoon:
    I'd like to come across some of those
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    danielruas:
    danielzreyes:
    bigharpoon:
    I'd like to come across some of those

O.R. Ruinations have an extra footband, but what is the visible difference in OR Man O Wars? I have old coronas, but don't think they're OR, just curious what they had extra to differentiate them.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    kuzi16:
    SleevePlz:
    It seems like the simplest thing. Considering that CC come with it, you would think everyone would copy that aspect as well. Our box is Cuban-esque!!!!
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    SleevePlz:
    kuzi16:
    SleevePlz:
    It seems like the simplest thing. Considering that CC come with it, you would think everyone would copy that aspect as well. Our box is Cuban-esque!!!!
    I got a box of 601 blue labels recently and they have a date on the unerside of the lid,....2009 :)