Home General Discussion

Another Newb ?

fishndude3fishndude3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
I know the whole wrapper thing has been rolled around here before. My ? is. If you leave the wrapper on how does it take the moisture? Just seems to me that it would be hard for the moisture from humidification to get through the wrapper. If it does in fact get through the wrapper, I assume it would need to rest a while longer than if unwrapped?

Comments

• pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I am assuming by wrapper you mean cellophane. If so, this is an article written a while back by Alex. It may answer your question. Hope it helps.
    http://www.cigar.com/catalog/featuredArticles.asp?artnum=8
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    ^^^^
    +1

And FYI fishndude3, this question has been asked many times before ... in the top right corner of your screen there's a "Search Box" .... it's a little archaic and not as precise as Google, but try searching there and you may find the answer(s) you're looking for. If so, feel free to "bump the thread" and revive and old discussion.
    But if you can't find what you want then, by all means, keep the question's coming. Also, the Cigar 101 section has some great topics that get reintroduced/bumped from time to time as well.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    pelirrojo:
    I am assuming by wrapper you mean cellophane. If so, this is an article written a while back by Alex. It may answer your question. Hope it helps.
    http://www.cigar.com/catalog/featuredArticles.asp?artnum=8
    If by wrapper you mean what seals a bunch of cigars together, like 5 and 10-packs, and the plastic on a box, take that off.
  • fishndude3fishndude3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    Yes cello? Ive been taking them off. Is it neccessary? Do i have to leave them sit longer before smoking if i dont take them off?
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    fishndude3:
    Yes cello? Ive been taking them off. Is it neccessary? Do i have to leave them sit longer before smoking if i dont take them off?
    No, you don't have to take them off. The cellophane is porous and does breath. I leave all my cello on. They say that cigars breath better and age faster without the cello and that's seem obvious but how long will it take to notice? If you buy two sticks and take the cello off of one and not the other. Let them rest for a few months. Then try them both. Could you tell what difference there might be? My guess is you couldn’t tell the difference if you did a blind tasting. But over a longer period of time the differences might become more noticable. I don't have a well aged collection. I have plenty that are 6 - 8 months old but most of mine have less age than that. Besides that I like the extra protection that the cello provides. Seems like all my naked sticks get torn up. I guess I'm just too rough.
  • fishndude3fishndude3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    The protection factor makes sense to me.