Home General Discussion

Xikar butane

blackwell921@gmail.comblackwell921@gmail.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
Anyone have problems with it? I bought 2 cans, one for me and one for a buddy. It seems like it has to much pressure in the can. My good lighters won't even light with it, just sounds like its coming out with extreme pressure. And my ronson, with a normally weak flame, is like a cutting torch flame. My buddy has the same problem. I've tried purging and refilling. It's definitely something wrong with the butane. Had to purge and refill with different butane a couple times just to get one lighter working again. So just thought I'd see if anyone else had this problem.

Comments

• Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    I've had Colibri and Xikar butane. I haven't really noticed a difference. But then again I don't know how to purge :P. But to answer your question no I haven't had the problem.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Uuuummmmmm personally I'd just turn down the flame. I use xikar fluid some of the time but mostly use st dupont and vector. I have the exact opposite problem as you with the xikar fluid. But it also depends on the temperature that you are using your lighters
  • blackwell921@gmail.comblackwell921@gmail.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    Doesn't matter if I turn the lighter down. And the temperature in the house is 70-72.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Ive had nothing but great experiences with xikars butane. That said, I bet different butanes can perform differently in different lighters, especially if you are switching back and forth between brands. I cant think of anything except adjusting the flow on the lighter (some lighters you can set the flow "min" and "max" range by removing and repositioning the adjustment wheel).
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    I've been using xikar butane exclusively (mostly because it's what my b&m carries) for 4+ years and have never had an issue, and I've had probably 10 different lighters in that time.