Home General Discussion

Connecticut recommendations

NightHawkNightHawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
Looking for some mild-med body, full flavor, rich, smooth, creamy, buttery smooth connecticuts. Nutty flavors, sweet vanilla, coffee.. Any suggestions?

Comments

• MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Oliva CT Reserve.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Avo classic, davidoff private stock long filler,mow virtue just to name a few
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Cusano 18, Gurkha Park Ave, San Lotano Connecticut
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    EPC new wave, AVO classic.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Martel:
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    Love those. Also, the san lotanos, xikar hc's, griffins, AVO... for something a little different the san cristobal elegancias are awesome. Interesting spice and flavor that I think is really unique. Mario palominos have a really good sweetness to them too.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Gray4lines:
    Martel:
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    Love those. Also, the san lotanos, xikar hc's, griffins, AVO... for something a little different the san cristobal elegancias are awesome. Interesting spice and flavor that I think is really unique. Mario palominos have a really good sweetness to them too.
    yes on the sc elegancias... damn fine smoke
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    i like the park avenue conny,pretty good smoke.imo.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Gray4lines:
    Martel:
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    These plus the Angelenos is a another great one. CLE conn is another good one. If you can find one the J. Grotto Silk is an excellent one, I have only found them in one B&M around here. I wasn't a fan of the San Cristobal, it wasn't bad but just doesn't suit my tastes, but if you're looking for a different kind of connie give it a go.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    I'd add Perdomo Champagne Reserve Connecticut to the list. Simply awesome. I bought a robusto around Feb, and just smoked it 2 weeks ago. It was so good that I'm contemplating buying a box. And I normally hate Connies since it's like smoking air...

Good runners up in addition to what was listed by the posters above would be Room 101 Connecticut and Camacho Connecticut.

Also, do not discount the Ccom House Blend American Label. It's very good and is actually all long filler unlike the rest of the House Blends. All American tobaccos as well!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    allsmokedup:
    I'd add Perdomo Champagne Reserve Connecticut to the list. Simply awesome. I bought a robusto around Feb, and just smoked it 2 weeks ago. It was so good that I'm contemplating buying a box. And I normally hate Connies since it's like smoking air...

Good runners up in addition to what was listed by the posters above would be Room 101 Connecticut and Camacho Connecticut.

Also, do not discount the Ccom House Blend American Label. It's very good and is actually all long filler unlike the rest of the House Blends. All American tobaccos as well!
    I knew I forgot a couple! I just had a new camacho connie and it was fantastic. Room 101 and perdomo are great too.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    curtpick:
    Gray4lines:
    Martel:
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    yes on the sc elegancias... damn fine smoke
    Yeah, those SC Elegencia's are good Forgot about those. And I love me some AVO, but pricier than the Olivas, which I like a lot.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    I second the perdomo suggestion. One of my top 5 sticks :)
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    They say its a "starter" cigar...but I really would recommend Macanudo...their connecticut line anyways...whatever its called. Don Diego PlayBoy Editions are good...the original not the rehash. But those are not easy to find anymore.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Rocky Patel Vintage 99

not a bad connie right there!
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    The cigar.com expert picks are connecticuts right now. I've had all but the Perdomo and would recommend checking that deal out. The LGC is a definite winner in my book.
  • TexvetTexvet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 38
    The Griffins are nice...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Texvet:
    The Griffins are nice...
    ..to this I would agree. Love The Griffins.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    IMHO:

1) MOW Virtue (tie)
    1) Angelenos by Fuente (tie)
    3) Monte White (I'd never pay MSRP for them though)
    4) Camacho Connecticut
    5) LGC Artesanos Retro Especial
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Martel:
    Oliva CT Reserve.
    I second this. Also, the Gurkha Symphony is a great conny.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    I really enjoy the Rocky Patel Connecticut.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    I can really enjoy some good conns. Gran Habano #1 is great. Perdomo Champagnes. Ramon Bueso Odysseys. If you haven't tried any of these, give them a shot.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,606
    I enjoy the CLE connecticuts as well. Very pleasant smoke
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    The AKA Conny is great and the AVO XO, Gurkha Symphony, MOW Virtue, all good!
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Echambers:
    I really enjoy the Rocky Patel Connecticut.

I'll second that by golly.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Smoking a Hammer + Sickle Tradicion Serie right now and I can enthusiastically recommend it. (Excuse me while I go add it to my bio.)