Home General Discussion

CigarChat Joins the AFRN programing lineup

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
I've been working on this one for a little over a week now and it's finally official! CigarChat will air weekly on the Armed Forces Radio Network! Press Release is below...

CigarChat Joins the Armed Forces Radio Network Weekly Program Lineup

October 10, 2013 - CigarChat, hosted by Rob Rasmussen and Logan Lawler on CigarFederation.com, has been added to the weekly programming of the Armed Forces Radio Network (AFRN).

AFRN will air the show every Wednesday beginning October 16th. CigarChat will be broadcast during three time slots - in the morning, afternoon and late night- to accommodate the worldwide audience of the AFRN. Detailed broadcast times are available at ArmedForcesRadioNetwork.org.

“With over 1 million daily listeners, the AFRN is happy to bring on a show like CigarChat.” Dennis Farrell, the Armed Forces Radio Network Program Director said. “When I took over as Program Director of AFRN, my first priority was to clean house and bring in programming the troops, veterans and civilians want to hear. A cigar show was a must, and after hunting down the top 5 or 6 shows, I felt CigarChat was a perfect fit. Robby and Logan are not only informative, but they bring on great guests and have fun with it. I won’t ask our audience to listen to a show I can't endorse. I endorse this show!”

“I was ecstatic when Dennis approached me about joining forces with the AFRN! I come from a military family and consider it an honor that our show will be broadcast to those who put their lives on the line for our freedom,” said Rasmussen.

Lawler added, “I am very excited to have CigarChat on the AFRN. My brother was in the Marines and I feel honored knowing we will be providing some cigar related knowledge and humor to those who fight for our freedoms everyday.”

CigarChat will continue to be broadcast and recorded live every Thursday on CigarFederation.com.

For additional information contact Rob Rasmussen at Rob@CigarFederation.com

Comments

• thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    That is awesome! Badass! And pretty much the coolest thing ever. Grats for this honor!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    thehilk:
    That is awesome! Badass! And pretty much the coolest thing ever. Grats for this honor!
    Thanks Brotha! I can't believe the show is almost 2 years old!!! Logan will have to clean up the language, but that is a small price to pay for this honor
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Congratulations Rob. It is awesome seeing you get the kind of recognition that you truly deserve for the work you do in the industry. CigarChat really is an awesome show. It was probably a pretty easy choice for the AFRN to make. Keep it up!
  • scooter mcgeescooter mcgee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 322

Congratulations! Good Luck with Logan's language
    "See" you tonight
    SleevePlz:
    Congratulations Rob. It is awesome seeing you get the kind of recognition that you truly deserve for the work you do in the industry. CigarChat really is an awesome show. It was probably a pretty easy choice for the AFRN to make. Keep it up!
    Thanks brotha! The kind words are appreciated! We're booking guests for dates in Jan and Feb of 2014 so this little release is helping in that regard as well
    scooter mcgee:

Congratulations! Good Luck with Logan's language
    "See" you tonight
    Thanks Scooter! Yeah we need to tighten up the language, but that's a small price to pay... logan will shape up... tonight is the first show that will air on the AFRN so we'll see how it goes...
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    congrats man! But seriously? "Clean up the language" on AFRN? What the he...uh...heck is the world coming to? Haven't those fu...uh...fellas ever actually met a soldier or marine? ;)
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Wondering where youve been rob. Glad to see ya back.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Rob, it's amazing the great things you are doing. Congratulations my friend. What an honor!

how about we get some cigars together for those troops to go along with your premiere show?
    james40:
    Rob, it's amazing the great things you are doing. Congratulations my friend. What an honor!

how about we get some cigars together for those troops to go along with your premiere show?
    Thanks james! I've got something in the works with Cigars for Warriors and when i get all the details I'll pass along the info
    roland_7707:
    Wondering where youve been rob. Glad to see ya back.
    Thanks Roland... been busy times and there is more on the way... I've re-started (not a real word, but you know what I mean) my quest for the Tower as well... just finished The Gunslinger for the second time... such an awesome read
    perkinke:
    congrats man! But seriously? "Clean up the language" on AFRN? What the he...uh...heck is the world coming to? Haven't those fu...uh...fellas ever actually met a soldier or marine? ;)
    Ha! I thought the same thing... but it's under FCC regulation (or something to that effect) so we just need to cut out the Fbombs and all other HBO language... I think we managed to do that last night