Home General Discussion

Where did you serve?

EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
It seems there are a lot of vets and some active duty here. So where and when did you serve? I served in the 82nd Airborne during the 80s and smoked my first cigar--some nasty a$$ thing from 7-11--when I graduated from jump school.

Comments

• KevinFittsKevinFitts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 225
    87-91. Stationed in Hanau Germany. Served in Operation Desert Storm in 90-91.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    98-present. Started off at Bragg (Airborne!!), went to Schofield Barracks, Hawaii where I deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq, then to Fort Polk, then to Korea, then to Fort Hood where I am currently deployed to Afghanistan out of. Aside from regular duty stations and deployments, I went up to Monatana for a month to fight wildfires back in 99 or 2000, and have been at Fort Benning, Fort Sill, Fort Jackson, and Fort McCoy for various schools/training.
  • TexvetTexvet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 38
    I thank you all for your service!
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    94-02 good ole Ft Riley. Was supposed to go to Germany after basic... but they decided to move the Big Red 1back to Ft Riley. So I spent my active time there and my reserve time in Wichita. Ya big traveler.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    macs-smokes:
    94-02 good ole Ft Riley. Was supposed to go to Germany after basic... but they decided to move the Big Red 1back to Ft Riley. So I spent my active time there and my reserve time in Wichita. Ya big traveler.
    I answered this in the Non-Cigar section, same question, But had to acknowledge another Big Red 1. I'd have probably stayed if they'd have left me in Germany, didn't know that they withdrew the whole division, but most everyone I knew had been transeferred to other places, or gotten out by '94, myself included. I must say, I didn't really care for life up on Custer Hill, though, I'd have gotten out if they'd sent me back there, too. I think.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    @ Amos
    Worlds worst traveler here... I was born on Ft. Riley, tried to see the planet, and end up right back where I started. I actually did get to see some fun type places Georgia is not one of them. (I hated that school)
    But ended up settling down in Ta' Town. Its all good...

Thank you to those who served before and after my time.
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Your sevice is appreciated. All of you.
  • MandobroMandobro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    I enlisted in the USMC in 1973, retired in 1993. Served in N & S Carolina, California, Virginia, Japan, Philippines, Norway, Denmark, and Desert Shield/Storm. And I spent some time on various Navy ships
  • Gino USMCGino USMC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    Enlisted in the corps in 04 to present. Went to Iraq in 06 then went to Embassy Duty in 07. Guarded the Embassies in Muscat, Oman/ Tashkent, Uzbekistan/ and The Hague, The Netherlands. Now currenty on deployment on the USS Nimitz.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    86-91 Navy, NAS Miramar VF-51 Screaming Eagles and at Top Gun, Carrier Air Wing 15 aboard CVN-70 USS Carl Vinson!!!! And a shellback if you know what that is.....wogs
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    98-06 US Navy, AIMD NAS Whidbey Island VP-1 Screaming Eagles. Oohrah Shell back + 1 for Blue Nose, dig that Brown Shoes
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    1991-2007 U.S.M.C. san diego, panama , diego garcia, several naval ships, DEA assistance
    Oorah Shellback +2
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    alienmisprint:
    98-present. Started off at Bragg (Airborne!!), went to Schofield Barracks, Hawaii where I deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq, then to Fort Polk, then to Korea, then to Fort Hood where I am currently deployed to Afghanistan out of. Aside from regular duty stations and deployments, I went up to Monatana for a month to fight wildfires back in 99 or 2000, and have been at Fort Benning, Fort Sill, Fort Jackson, and Fort McCoy for various schools/training.
    I know that structure of THE Division has changd but I was Charlie Co. 2/325 AIR (White Falcons). All the way! Eric
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    MVW67:
    86-91 Navy, NAS Miramar VF-51 Screaming Eagles and at Top Gun, Carrier Air Wing 15 aboard CVN-70 USS Carl Vinson!!!! And a shellback if you know what that is.....wogs
    Tomcats Forever baby! I spent time in the VF-101 house of pain and cruised with VF-211
    I wish I could have seen Tomcats on the flight deck.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Gino USMC:
    I wish I could have seen Tomcats on the flight deck.
    It was pretty cool, of course back then we also had the A7's on deck the Maneater!!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Rain:
    Duty First
    Big Red One motto
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Forgot to mention I also spent six months on the Sinai.