Home General Discussion

Pick-My-Stick is back !! El Centurion WINS !! Review added with pics

jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
Pick-My-Stick for today ! Will be smoking in about 2 hours so sorry for the short notice. You know the drill, you pick the stick I will smoke and I write a mini amateur review with pictures (including Montana wildlife if they cooperate). Here are todays choices. Vote early and often !! Thanks.

1. La Aurora Escogidos Maduro

2. El Centurion

3. Brickhouse

Comments

• james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    #2 - I have two aging so I'm curious how these smoke. Have fun!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I say number 1. Just cuz i can. Haha
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    ddubridge:
    El Centurion
    yes +1^
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
  • Gino USMCGino USMC Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 383
  • scooter mcgeescooter mcgee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 322
  • Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
  • jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    Vote so far..... El Centurion 5, Brickhouse 2, Aurora 2.

Looks like I will be smoking the El Centurion !!! Look for review late tonight.

Thanks everyone for voting.
    Mini Review - El Centurion (by My Father Cigars)

First off, I think this cigar came from the first Shizz Fest (thanks Jim) I really need to do a better job of tracking where my sticks came from. It was a sunny and cool (52) Montana afternoon when I lit this up.

Prelight I noticed that this is a fairly soft stick. Not packed as firm as a lot of my regular sticks. To use one of Kuzi's favorite terms, the wrapper actually was "toothy". I never really knew what that meant until I read his most over used cigar terms. This wrapper actually felt almost like a soft sandpaper with a lot of tiny bumps. This looks to be a really well made stick. The cigar band was huge and has an almost garish look. Kind of like I was in Las Vegas or at a circus. But I dont judge cigars by the band (but the wife does buy wine if she likes the label)

Cut with the Xikar and found an easy draw to go along with the soft feel Pairing this with plain ice water. Lit with a soft flame (finally a day that isnt windy) First puffs hit me with the pepper spice and maybe a little woodsy. The first third continued with lots of white billowy smoke, something I like. Pepper continued fairly consistent throughout. I would put this stick as a medium to maybe slightly mild. I was expecting it to be a bit fuller but I have been doing a lot of Diesels lately.

The burn was razor sharp the entire way consistent with the good construction. I did have some wildlife visit while I was smoking.

I smoked this down to the nub and enjoyed every minute. Lasted 1 hour 20 minutes (I do smoke slow).
    I would rate this as one very nice stick, probably in my top ten but not top 5. I tend to prefer a fuller body but for the times I like something medium/mild this would be a great choice. My simple rating is 4.5 out of 5.

Thanks to everyone for 'Picking-my-stick"
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Nicely done! I do love this stick! And the deer too!!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Awesome. I always enjoy the "pick my stick" and review post.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Well done! To late to vote but that stick would have been my vote.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    ddubridge:
    Awesome. I always enjoy the "pick my stick" and review post.
    Me too. I love when people do something unique/original around here. This is a thread I hope to see every day when I pop on. Unfortunately, I typically get on in the evening after the voting is over, but I enjoy the voting and review nonetheless. Keep up the good work :)
    I am glad y'all like it. I love trying new stuff and when you pick them for me I smoke them with a purpose! It actually helps me enjoy my smokes remembering what I like and trying to describe it for everyone,

I will post some with more lead time. I dont smoke every day and since the snow started falling here it may be a little less often, but now I have more incentive.
    Thanks for all the kind words.