Home General Discussion

Wife's Birthday

Mpopple6Mpopple6 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
All,
I am having a get together for my wife's birthday on the 28th and I would like to provide cigars for everyone.  I know that I am going to have one (or two) and it seems that every time I bust one out everyone comes out of the woodwork and wants one too.  I love sharing, but I have a hard time busting out my good ones if no one can tell the difference.  Any suggestions on fairly "cheap" sticks that will still give people a good experience?  I tried a A Fuente Gran Reserva this weekend (for this purpose) and I think that one would do the trick, but I know others have other thoughts.

Thanks.

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I will give my normal reply and say padron londres maduro!! Very tasty stick low cost!!
  • Mpopple6Mpopple6 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    You know, I actually think I have one of those in my case right now.  I will give it a try tonight.

Thanks!

(received it as a "here you go gift")
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Mpopple6:
    You know, I actually think I have one of those in my case right now.  I will give it a try tonight.

Thanks!

(received it as a "here you go gift")
    its a great cheap smoke!! It's hard to beat for the money!! Let me know what you think
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Funny you bring up wife's bday. Mine has hers on the 26th. But she's been ticking me off a lot lately I might just not remember this year.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Check out some of the samplers. There's plenty that you can get good sticks for less than 4$ each and you'll enjoy them to.
  • Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I will give my normal reply and say padron londres maduro!! Very tasty stick low cost!!
    +1
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Fonseca Arana is a good smoke and nicely priced but in my experience don't taste their best until after several months rest. Also A box of La Pearla Habana - Black Pearl - Morados (Purple banded) are nicely priced and taste great in my opinion. Neither of these are too mild or too strong. But with both of these choices the longer you can rest them (3 months) the better they will taste. Even though you don't want to waste money on someone who has no clue about cigars, you also have the opportunity to bring a brother into the fold if you provide them with a great experience. So you should stock up now for your parties in the spring and then these well rested $2 & $3 cigars will taste soooooo good,..... you may not even want to share.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Rhamlin:
    Check out some of the samplers. There's plenty that you can get good sticks for less than 4$ each and you'll enjoy them to.
    Even though I would consider Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva to be a "pretty damn good" cigar,......... if you can provide those for your guests, that would be great.

But, I agree with Rhamlin. Since you need them by the 28th I would just get a sampler from cigar.com and let them choose among a few different sticks. Who knows, you might find a new favorite for yourself too.

Either the 5 Vegas Collected Works II $29.95 or the Thrifty Thirty Sampler II $59.95 would be good choices.

I've had some of the cigars in these samplers and they are some of the best $2 cigars I can think of.

Hope you have a great time. Happy Birtday to your wife.
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    Honestly I would suggest the Drew Estate Blue Ribbons...I know I say that alot but they are very good smokes and they are only 3 bucks a stick. Though I am sure you can find other good ones on here.
  • AVJimAVJim Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 438
    Matt, I would buy the wife a box of La Duena for her birthday present and have her share them with everyone. You may want to accompany them with a humidor of her very own!

I hope you are enjoying the forum. You will learn a great deal from the folks here. Be very cautious however. There are devious people here. Low lives that won't think twice before bombing you into oblivion. The most despised is another that goes by "Matt" ( street-name around here is "mmccartneydc"). He doesn't show his face around here much anymore (he is also a coward) but is still to be feared. He belongs to a low life group that call themselves the "Redneck Mafia".... anyone with a tag like that should not be trusted!

In all honesty, everyone here is great. Especially if their name is "Jim". Everyone knows folks with that name are the smartest, kindest, generous, fun-loving, and (I might add) humble people on the planet. You would be lucky to know a Jim. :)

Another thing, please fill out your bio with your likes and wanna try sticks.......